Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sod?

Post Thanks / Like
    Our yard in Heights was very large (over 40 pallets worth). Since the whole truck was coming to our house, they comped the delivery charge. I went with a guy out of Belton, but I would have to say I was less than thrilled with the job. He kept miscaluclating and telling me that it would be "this much more" until I finally told him to essentially kiss my hiney and just finish with what he had.

Lots of the grass didn't take well either. If I was only buying a couple of pallets, I would pay extra and get the Zoysia. It is much more drought resistant.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    yeow, zoysia and st. augustine are both better in bell county than bermuda for lawn purposes.......i would love to get some zoysia but don't think there's anyone in the county that has it. oma's told me once, maybe 5 years ago, that they could special order it for me but would have to take a minimum of 6 pallets......mac

Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our yard in Heights was very large (over 40 pallets worth). Since the whole truck was coming to our house, they comped the delivery charge. I went with a guy out of Belton, but I would have to say I was less than thrilled with the job. He kept miscaluclating and telling me that it would be "this much more" until I finally told him to essentially kiss my hiney and just finish with what he had.

Lots of the grass didn't take well either. If I was only buying a couple of pallets, I would pay extra and get the Zoysia. It is much more drought resistant.

Post Thanks / Like
    depends on what the situations is for the type of grass. If you do no0t have any shade, bermuda does better and will hold up to dogs better. St Augustine does better in shade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well neither does very well in my no mans land...lol.

There is a spot in our yard shaded by our tree that will only grow weeds, but at least they're green weeds.

5. LOL xzochye, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zoysia can be purchased at Bell County Sod. It is about 5 miles east of Killeen on 190. North side of the highway.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can go to Lowe's and they will order a pallet of Bermuda for you. That is what we did. It was $99 at the time.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

8. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will take 1 empty pallet off of your hands!

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey don't laugh! I have a project I want to do with one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    rick: just out of curiosity, where in town can you buy bermuda. i look for some every spring and can't find it......mac
    http://www.hiddenfallsnursery.com/

That's the place on Stan Schleuter. Order it by Wednesday, they cut it on Thursday and it is in Killeen on Friday. We just finished laying three pallets of it around the pool. One last weekend, two this weekend.

Price was a little high, $139 out the door, but it is sod and it isn't nasty St. Augustine! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Or as the Brits say..."Sod it all."
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast