Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garage Door Opener

Post Thanks / Like

Garage Door Opener

So I went to leave my house this morning and the stupid opener wouldn't work. I checked the sensors first to make sure they are okay. The opener makes no noises at all when I push the button on the pad and the remote. I know it is getting power because the light will come on but only when I push the light button.

Any suggestions?
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Try cleaning the sensors, they sometimes get dirty and can't see each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try that when I get home. If it was the sensors wouldn't the unit still make a clicking noise or something? Also, when I push the button for it to open the light usually comes on. Now the light only comes on when I push the light button.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the sensors could be out of alignment. It doesn't take much.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Batteries in the remote? The sensors have to be aligned...Mine went haywire once andI found out that a piece of tape that was stuck on the inside handle was breaking the sensor beam on the way down so it would almost close all the way, then shoot right back up when it sensed the tape. I hit one of the sensors, and knocked it out of alignment, and that will do it too. Or, the remote may have lost the code and you will have to reload it. That has happened to me once.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Sensors are working fine, in light steady green the other is a steady red. I will try cleaning them when I get home.

It's not the batteries in the remote, the button on the wall wouldn't work either.

I will see if I can find the manual when I get home and try to redo the codes.

It worked at 10:30 last night :-(

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't the one sensor be yellow, not red?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    On mine steady red means it's clear and if it's blinking that means it isn't aligned right or something is in its way.

BOYCOTT

9. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checked the fuse box....no go

Cleaned the sensors....no go

Made sure all the wires were in the right place.....no go

Unplugged it and plugged it back in....VoilĂ#!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

11. Likes Rick liked this post
    LOL Rick, Texas Immigrant, Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast