Thread: The great "Asian" Hype?

Post Thanks / Like

The great "Asian" Hype?

Jeremy Lin is about to sign a 3 or 4 year deal worth 28-30 million dollars, are they paying him for his ability to turn on the hype machine, play basketball, or both? He will start over Jason Kidd who was dishing assists to Jerry West, but while I think he should take the money I think his career is over after he signs that contract. The contract will make him within the top ten highest paid point guards in the league, I can only imagine the animosity there will be for this guy from journey men players that are going to D him up game in and game out. I think he will become the Miami Heat next year. By that I mean he is going to get the best out of every player he faces every minute every night. Last year Mario Chalmers took the task to him and he could not make it past half court, I think it is a preview of things to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares? I'll bet Jeremy Lin doesn't care. If he washes out, he'll still be a multimillionaire ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was kind of scratching my head on this one too. He had ONE decent year. Maybe he'll turn out to be the Tony Romo of the NBA and make the most of this and become a good player with the help of one of the best PGs in the game as a mentor...or not.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was kind of scratching my head on this one too. He had ONE decent year. Maybe he'll turn out to be the Tony Romo of the NBA and make the most of this and become a good player with the help of one of the best PGs in the game as a mentor...or not.
    The only problem is that he only played in or started in 27 nba games. I wonder if it will push up nba salaries similar to 2000-2006.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    The only problem is that he only played in or started in 27 nba games. I wonder if it will push up nba salaries similar to 2000-2006.
    Things have just gotten a little more interesting. Jason Kidd was recently charged with a DUI and this after it appeared the Knicks were ready to let Lin sign with the Rockets.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the DWI will matter much, heck you can kill people driving drunk and still play and have a fruitful career http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/200...arrant-issued/ and lets not forget about this guy http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-charged_x.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Leonard Little did that back in 2004. The NFL was not as strict about off field messes as they are now. Donte STallworth was suspended for an entire season.
    Kidd is washed up anyway. Knicks should have resigned Lin.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Leonard Little did that back in 2004. The NFL was not as strict about off field messes as they are now. Donte STallworth was suspended for an entire season.
    Kidd is washed up anyway. Knicks should have resigned Lin.
    Banned a whole year for killing a man seems reasonable enough right, not. That guy should have been banned for life, another wealthy idiot that should have called a cab or a buddy to drive him home. Kidd will still play a pivotal but limited role at 12-15 minutes a game and Jeremy lin will shrink to obscurity out in houston and will be washed up before the allstar break I am calling it now. Every player in the league that makes the same or less is going to obliterate him. They will win about 25 games next year and be in the lotto, good luck with that.

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post