Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprinkler System

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the luxury of an inground sprinkler system you can set it to water whenever you want.
    The rest of us poor folk have to go and put a sprinkler and hose out there. I ain't staying up until 1AM to water my lawn.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    We put in the sprinkler system because Mother can't handle the hose anymore. I'd handle the hose if I had an extra hand. It takes both of mine to operate a manual wheel chair.
    Someone is coming by to show us how to operate the system properly.
    Last edited by IronErnin; June 5th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have the luxury of an inground sprinkler system you can set it to water whenever you want.
    The rest of us poor folk have to go and put a sprinkler and hose out there. I ain't staying up until 1AM to water my lawn.
    My bladder usually wakes me in time to start or stop my sprinklers. No need to invest in a timer.
    (Actually, I have one, but when it shuts off it shocks my house's pipes enough I am afraid of creating a leak)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

4. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried one of those mechanical timers. Was about worthless. Now if the grass needs watering I put out the sprinkler around 6-8PM, turn it off, then at 7PM or so move it and water until 9PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The most accurate way to measure sprinkling times is to get a cheap lawn watering gague at walmart, turn the system on by section, and see how long it takes to get 1" of water in the gague for each section. You can time it so that each section runs for that amount of time once a week, or split it into twice a week. Early morning watering is OK except that it evaporates out quickly during the summer months. Early evening watering lets the water stand and soak deeper with less evaporation. Fungus infections can happen either way, and are usually most evident in the fall. Next season, they are gone. Don't waste money on expensive fungicide treatments as by the time you see the infection, it's too late.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too lazy to go out with a rain gauge. I'm too cheap to water my grass at my expense when the Creator has given me enough rain and I forgot to reset my timer which was set for 2 a.m. and I'm not getting up. My solution, moisture sensors in the soil which lets the system know when it's dry enough to call for watering. They cost a little bit but they sure make life simple.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2