Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP!! A/C lines clogged

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. We tried to do it on our own, then called a friend that does A/C repairs. He came over and helped us out! I will definitely be doing the bleach/water thing from now on!
    Knowledge isn't power. Applied knowledge is power. -borrowed quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on your a/c model you may be able to pour a cup of bleach from inside the house to keep critters from using the pipe for refuge. A good rule of thumb in maintenance is when you change your filter pour a cup of bleach. My method is when I write the check/pay online for our electric bill, I change the filter to save money on energy consumption.

3. Thanks Texas Immigrant thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    we change our filter every time reliant sends us one and i think that's either quarterly or semi annually......but are all you all sure about this business of pouring bleach down the line.....my line is some kind or grade of pvc.....we also blow the line out when we change filters.........i have to wonder about that bleach business......mac

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depending on your a/c model you may be able to pour a cup of bleach from inside the house to keep critters from using the pipe for refuge. A good rule of thumb in maintenance is when you change your filter pour a cup of bleach. My method is when I write the check/pay online for our electric bill, I change the filter to save money on energy consumption.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. You pour bleach down it to keep the mildew, algae, bacteria, clogs ect under control. Mine are PVC too. When I had my new ac installed in march the guy even showed me where to pour it since it was a bit different than my last unit.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Immigrant View Post
    Our A/C lines are clogged and we don't really want to have to pay a service fee to get them unclogged. Anyone have any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks!
    Your going to laugh, but this works excellent.

Clean the plastic drain pipe at the AC inside with alcohol by wiping it clean.

Put your lips over it and blow hard.

It will blow everything outside and look like dragon snot.

Then use a small funnel and dump bleach in the tube and it let run for 10 min.

Then use a high pressure nozzle on a garden hose and stick it in top of pipe and run water through it for 5 minutes.

It will be spotless like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, but everything you mentioned except "Put you lips over it and......". I have an air compressor and let it blow it out 4 times or so a year.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    LOL curmudgeon LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please, don't put your lips on that drain. Ever hear of Legionnaire's Disease? On second thought, Corgi, go ahead.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

10. LOL sojourner truth, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The tablets the pros use do the same thing and aren't harmful to the PVC like bleach can be. Too much bleach makes PVC brittle. Plus, the tablets keep a constant supply of chemical going to the drain istead of a huge dose periodically. CAN was right about it looking like dragons snot. Remember to blow, not suck.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes JoAnn Purser liked this post
    LOL cnjbond, CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    The tablets the pros use do the same thing and aren't harmful to the PVC like bleach can be. Too much bleach makes PVC brittle. Plus, the tablets keep a constant supply of chemical going to the drain istead of a huge dose periodically. CAN was right about it looking like dragons snot. Remember to blow, not suck.
    Then why do they call it a....ah never mind.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

14. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, a blow job.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2