Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good roofing contractor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hell, i didn't even mention those big ole boys walkin' and scootin' all over the place up there plus the shingles are prob'ly pretty dried out and just waitin' to crack anyway. BEWARE!......mac

Have been waiting for the shingles to dry up for about four years now, so I can put in the skylights (or I guess what you are calling tunnels), but thanks for the good thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trust me mac, if you bought cheap ten years ago you will need to replace that roof.
    Didn't buy cheap, bought mid-range...maybe I got ripped off. That's why I want to get advice on a trustable roofer. I'm hoping insurance adjuster will say there's enough wear and tear to replace now. Do not want to try to replace roof when I'm on my retirement check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lange is the best in this area. They did ours and was reasonable...we are retired also.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait until your great insurance company depreciates the roof, then less the deductible.
    Plan on spending at least half of the replacement cost out of your own pocket.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could never have sky lights. It would freak me out. Remember the episode of Twiligh Zone with William Shatner, where he was on the airplane and a creature kept looking in his window as it tore the wing apart? That would be what I thought about every time I looked up and saw sky. FREAK ME OUT!!

6. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL xzochye, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but what freaks me out more are the people who prowl this neighborhood trying to peep into windows to see if there's something good to steal inside. Sadly, home owner neighborhood has become largely rent property over the past decade as old timers move on. Now I'm the old timer, and I've had some really scary neighbors. Wanted to look into relocating last year when my Mom and Dad's old house was put on the market. It just didn't make any sense to start out with a new 30 year mortgage when we just paid off this house. My husband agreed to let me do the roof and add sky lights as second prize. Besides as Roy Rogers or Gene Autry used to sing, "Give me sky, lots of sky, lots of wide open sky..." or something like that.

8. LOL engteach64 LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add some claymore mines as they put in the skylights.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. LOL engteach64 LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2