Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New CCISD Superintendent

Post Thanks / Like

New CCISD Superintendent

Dr. Joe Burns gets voted in today. Sounds like a good leader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the guy from Vidor??
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    He worked in Vidor for the last 3 school years but that is not his home. He was Superintendent of the Year in 2007 for the State. Pretty impressive man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope he's successful.
    Good luck dealing with some the board members.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope he's successful.
    Good luck dealing with some the board members.
    Which ones are not good for the district in your opinion and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not just one in particular. But this board has been the same members (mostly) for it seems like a decade. A turnover every 3 or so years would be desirable so the usual rubber stamping of everything Rose wants, Rose gets/Jack wants, Jack gets will cease.

Post Thanks / Like
    What does Jack wants that is not in the best interest of the district? Have you visited with Jack about how his is hurting the district in your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year due to the state budget cuts all school districts in the state, with the exception of two, cut money from their athletic budgets. One of those two was Cove. The purpose of high school is to try and educate these kids and prepare them for college or the work force. While the almighty Cove Dawg athletic program is important, it is not the primary concern of this district - or at least should not be - to keep increasing the athletic budget. They pour money into it like it will sooner or later result in a state football championship. While everyone would love that, I don't see it. Will be very hard to find a team like that 2005 team. Was our best ever. And if we couldn't win a state championship while in 4-A with RG3 we never will.

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the reason for athletics and all extra-curricular acitivies was to support the educational progress of the children. Those are programs that aid the academic growth of the students. I am in agreement with you if monies are out of line then the programs need to be changed. But it doesnt matter who the coach or athletic director is because they do not budget the district dollars. One thing I do know is that article you are referring to in the KDH is not telling the full story. The ccisd amount listed included all expendiures (including salaries) for CCISD and Killeens did not. Plus CCISD has 3 schools in their accounting for athletics (1 high school and 2 junior highs), and what was reported for KISD was each high school only. I asked why the discrepancy. I was concerned also, so I went to find out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast