Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Seau

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They are thrust into the limelight (yes, by choice) then, like turning off a light switch, they are just "regular guys" the entourages are gone, the praise is gone and all that's left is the physical pain from the years of abuse. Is knowing that you have to live the rest of your life with ever worsening pain temporary?

Yes, suicide is unfair to the ones left behind and can seem like the act of selfishness and that of a coward. It's still sad.

2. Likes xzochye, rk103 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are thrust into the limelight (yes, by choice) then, like turning off a light switch, they are just "regular guys" the entourages are gone, the praise is gone and all that's left is the physical pain from the years of abuse. Is knowing that you have to live the rest of your life with ever worsening pain temporary?

Yes, suicide is unfair to the ones left behind and can seem like the act of selfishness and that of a coward. It's still sad.
    You seem to have all the answers.

4. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have "ever worsening pain" called "degenerative bone deterioration of the lower spine", and it will never get any better, only worse. I would never consider suicide...while there is life there is hope. They may devise a cure tomorrow, for all I know. Still, I was unaware of the fact that he had an uncurable, painful health condition. I suspect that his reasons for taking his life were from pain not related to physical pain. If he could see the pain in his poor mothers face today, I wonder if he would change his mind. True strength of character is not giving up the fight even when you know you can't win. If nothing else I would like to think of junior, it would be that he was a fighter despite the odds.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Thanks blueeagle thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob
    You seem to have all the answers.
    I know, it's a hell of a cross to bear.

Or is it bare?

8. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wonder how it could be so bad that you lose your survival instincts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Suicide... the highest form of narcissism and cowardice. RIP... whoever you are.
    My grandfather committed suicide about 25 or so years ago, and it had nothing to do with narcissism and cowardice. He was an old man whose health was failing, and his daughter (my aunt) was about to put him into a nursing home, as he could no longer adequately care for himself. His own mother had lived for a long time in a nursing home, and he did not want that for himself. So he ended his life. I actually think it was a lot more brave than cowardly ...

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    My grandfather committed suicide about 25 or so years ago, and it had nothing to do with narcissism and cowardice. He was an old man whose health was failing, and his daughter (my aunt) was about to put him into a nursing home, as he could no longer adequately care for himself. His own mother had lived for a long time in a nursing home, and he did not want that for himself. So he ended his life. I actually think it was a lot more brave than cowardly ...
    No, it wasn't brave. It wasn't cowardly either...it was selfish. And I don't mean to speak poorly of your grandfather..I'd say the same thing about my own grandfather if he'd done that. I've already told my wife and daughter that when I am no longer able to care for myself, they are to put me in a nursing home. I know too many people who are in one, and doing just fine.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure it was selfish. I understand why it might be considered selfish, but not sure I agree. In his mind, he had become a burden to his family, and so he relieved them of that burden. That is unselfish, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the lens you look at the world through.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

17. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast