Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprinkler System

Post Thanks / Like
    How much you spend depends a lot on how badly you want the system. I personally wouldn't want to just half the yard. But then I am a lawn fanatic, and how my grass looks is a matter of pride to me that verges on obsession. My old house didn't have a system, and I had to go out and set up mobile sprinklers, move hoses, then check on it every half hour or so. It just gets to the point where you just don't do it and pray for rain. That's when most lawns go south. The new house came with it, and I will never have a house without it again. It's so nice to just hit a button and watch it take care of itself. Once you get it in and get all the heads adjusted, and the timer set to where you get an inch a week, it's on autopilot from there. Sounds like your price was a bit high, but not astronomically so. The controllers and brain box are fairly expensive. Then there is the digging in the pipe and the wiring, so it ain't just a "snap of the fingers" operation. You can find someone cheaper than the quote you got, I'm sure. My neighbor got his entire yard done for $3,000, but it was a guy and his son that did the work. It wasn't as "high tech" or professional job, but it did the same thing mine did...watered the entire yard.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    My yard that we water is 3/4 acre and it cost around $3500.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I don't want them in the back is because I have an in ground pool, and through splashing and such, the back yard is always lush and green. Never an issue, so why bother watering when it is awesome. We also have dogs who dig, and I would be fit to be tied if one of them dug up a sprinkler.

This guy who gave me the quote was all about extra charges. If there is rock it will be 700.00 a day for the machine, he also gave me the reasons the warranty would be invalidated. It just made me feel that he wasn't very reputable if he was looking for outs to cover his work.

I will be calling to get my next quote tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2