Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprinkler System

Post Thanks / Like

Sprinkler System

I'm thinking I want a sprinkler system installed in my front yard. Anyone know of a good company who does this for a good rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually you only get 2 choices. Either a good job or a good rate. Most everybody I know uses Atmospheres irrigation. They do it right. Guys with Green Shoes does stuff like that too, and my neighbor used them. They were fairly reasonable. In Heights, there is a sprinkler supply store named EWING on 2410. They supply all the installers in the area and I'd bet they could give you a great lead.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I want a good price, but I want a good job more. I will check with them. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first quote I got was 2040.00 to do the front yard only. I only want the front yard done as the backyard seems to stay green year round. Is this a good price? I'm still going to get some more quotes, but just wanted some advice here. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch.
    No clue if that's a good price or not, just shuddering at the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but if I have to run the water for 30 minutes on every section of my yard to get it to grow, I'd rather have the sprinklers do it once or twice a day. It is bound to even out financially in the long run. It will also help when I decide to sell my house in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The first quote I got was 2040.00 to do the front yard only. I only want the front yard done as the backyard seems to stay green year round. Is this a good price? I'm still going to get some more quotes, but just wanted some advice here. Thanks.
    What is the size of your front yard?
    How many sprinkler heads and what type?
    How many zones?
    How deep are they going to dig?
    What type and size pipe will they use. Insist on PVC that is made to be underground. PVC that is used in home building will not last when put in the ground.
    Will they get the proper permits?
    What is their warranty?
    What type of ground do you have? rocky? sandy loom?
    Are his workers legal? If not you could be liable if they are discovered on your property.
    Does he carry insurance in case a worker gets hurt on your property?

There is too many questions that you need to ask before anyone can make an educated guess.

Go on the internet and do some research on sprinkler systems so you know if they are trying to rip you off. I know from experience.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked into this a few years back and decided it's not worth the money. Might be a sellling point in the future, but so is a pool and the maintenance on those things will eat up any gain on the sale of your house.
    In dry weather, just put out pulsating sprinklers and use a timer.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually $385-$400 a station/zone is a fair price. How many stations/zones will they be installing? That gives all a good idea the size of your front yard. Then add about $500 for a controller box. (Adding the additional yard will not have the cost of the controller box later, only the per station/zone cost.)

10. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reread the quote and half of the quote was "if this happens it will cost this," "if this, then this fee." If a company spends most of the quote telling me about extra charges, I have to wonder. I think I will look into other companies. Thank you all for the added information, it will be important.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast