Thread: NFL: Saints violated ‘Bounty Rule’

Post Thanks / Like

NFL: Saints violated ‘Bounty Rule’

This is probably just the beginning...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...aints-bounties

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    You are probably correct. Shades of Buddy Ryan.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams to meet with NFL after bounties uncovered

It just keeps getting better and better... Wonder how long it will take Jeff Fisher, the Clams, sorry Ram, head coach to fire this clown?

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like

Saints GM and coach admit blame

And the beat goes on...

The NFL said it confirmed Benson was unaware of the program, and that he told Loomis to stop it immediately, but that Loomis did not. The league also said Payton, though not directly involved, was aware of the bounty pool, but did nothing to stop it.
    Someone explain to me how Benson could tell someone to stop something that he didn't know about...

5. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BREAKING NEWS: The NFL suspends Saints coach Sean Payton for one year without pay, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely and the team is fined $500,000 for their roles in a bounty program. Team is also lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13).
    WOW is all i can say!!

7. Thanks TheOldProgrammer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harleygirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BREAKING NEWS: The NFL suspends Saints coach Sean Payton for one year without pay, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely and the team is fined $500,000 for their roles in a bounty program. Team is also lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13).
    WOW is all i can say!!
    Wow! They are making an example of them.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Professional football, as we know it, won't be around much longer. When I played football as a kid, if you had a chance to take a good shot at someone, you took it. It was part of the game. Even in baseball, I rounded third base one time, lowered my shoulder into the catcher who was waiting to tag me, and knocked him out. He was out cold. Nobody complained. Political correctness run amok ...

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes xzochye, CenTexDave liked this post