Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL moves 1st game to Wednesday to avoid Obama

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down NFL moves 1st game to Wednesday to avoid Obama

This is such a load of 'bovine divinity' if I ever heard it...

From Yahoo Sports:

NEW YORK (AP)—Powerful as the NFL is, it’s making way for President Barack Obama.

Opting to play a game on a Wednesday for the first time in more than 60 years, the NFL will open the regular season on Sept. 5, to avoid conflicting with Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention the next night.

The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will host the Wednesday night season-opener starting at 8:30 p.m. EDT; their opponent hasn’t been announced yet.

According to the league, it hasn’t played a game on a Wednesday since Sept. 22, 1948, when the Rams faced the Lions.

The NFL regular season has started on a Thursday since 2002.

This year’s change was announced by the league on Tuesday.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Even the NFL is drinking the kool-aide. Sad, very sad.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

3. Likes ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a shame. I'm sure an opening season NFL game would have captured the viewers, and our illustrious C-in-C would have had a lousy rating.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not matter to me. My sleep will prevent me from listening to that bag of B.S. no matter when it speaks.

6. Likes CenTexDave, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You know, I hate to keep bringing this up. Read my latest blog post for some background on this, but I was at lunch today with some workmates. All those liberal idiots would talk about is how offensive everything was, from fortune cookies in ice cream to criticism of Obama.

At one point, the one liberal doofus said that the expression "drinking the kool-aid" was racist, because he believed it had something to do with poor black kids drinking it.

This is precisely the kind of stifling effect this zeal to hunt down and squash racism has. When you hunt demons, you begin to see demons everywhere. I would hate to think the kind of paranoia, the absolute obsessive fear, that somewhere someone might interpret something as racist, grips this man's imagination at night.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack anything. It's just still running furiously through my mind.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries Brian, you're not the first to do it nor will you be the last.....sooooo, I guess I can scratch the sports section off the list of no politics. Man, I'm running out of sections to look at..."Trading Post" here I come!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

9. LOL xzochye, TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does not matter to me. My sleep will prevent me from listening to that bag of B.S. no matter when it speaks.
    A-flippiin'-men ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I drank kool aid all of my young life, my mother thought it was a good way to get water into us. Of course the dye was bad for us but I digress. The point is, I am a very WHITE Irish girl. How can that term be racists? See, if these idiots would study history, they would know that that term came around when Jim Jones and all of his followers drank the poison kool aid to kill themselves because the world was coming to an end...........I believe, there were people of all colors in that very stupid group, more whites than any others however. Then we had to strange people that drank the poisoned kool aid to catch the comet that was coming. That is where the term "drinking the kool aid comes from, NOT from little black kids drinking kool aid in the summer. Do some people have to make every remark racists!!!!

12. Thanks xzochye thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irish. Hmmmmm, are you a red head? If so, I think I may be in love!!!!

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

14. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! He's a she! Well... maybe not really... one cannot tell by outward appearance anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast