Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blooming Peach Trees

Post Thanks / Like

Blooming Peach Trees

I noticed this weekend I have two peach trees bloooming.

For the particular species it seems about two- three weeks early.

I sure hope I don't loose all the fruit this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed this weekend I have two peach trees bloooming.

For the particular species it seems about two- three weeks early.

My Arizona ash is doing the same thing. It did it last year as well. Because we are having above average rain, and spring like temperatures, the trees are fooled into blooming early. If we have another cold snap, the fresh blooms will fall off again and die. It really messes the tree up, and later when it blooms for the second time, the leaves will be wrinkled and mutated. The tree will eventually get back to normal, but it really messes up it's sense of timing and natural cycle. The good news is that if you have fruit bearing peach trees, the fruit is usually sweeter at harvest time.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you get a "bumper crop" of peaches this year and don't know what to do with them, I'll take some off your hands! If it grows on a vine or tree, I can put it in a jar. Yummiliciousness right there (and yes, I'll share!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't count your chicks before they hatch people. Remember, last year around Feb 1 we had those three terribly cold, freezing days and nights.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not chicks....

Peaches!

The analogy could have been

"Don't count your jars of jam before they'reir processed"

Post Thanks / Like
    there's some apple and pear trees blooming in my back yard.....and allready being worked over by what i call "sweat bees"......or "mason bees".......don't ask me why 'cause i don't know.....mac

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plants don't look at the calendar. Some trees shed leaves during the drought last summer and went dormant because they react both to light and moisture. Of course, most of the junipers are surviving

Now they are reacting to mild temps and plenty of moisture. It's like March out, and I'm seeing lots of the natives putting out leaves in the rural area where we live. Dare we hope for bluebonnets this year? I doubt there will be many, since the crop last year was sparse. This winter hasn't produced the cold that's required to crack their seed hulls. We haven't had a good show of bluebonnets in years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are these natives putting out leaves. I have got to see them. Must save them a ton of money. BTW, I'm a native and I was wondering what was growing out my _________________!!!!

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch the Mesquite and the native Pecans, they know it's not real. The others are as dumb a democrats.

11. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Arizona ash has already started to blossom. My Texas ash (being a Texan, and therefore much smarter) is waiting until spring. Bluebonnets require a hard freeze to germinate. The hard seed shell will crack open when frozen, allowing it to germinate. No freeze, no bluebonnets. They are a stinky flower anyhow. A premature blooming cycle will cause mutated leaves and really mess a trees natural rhythm up. (must be Catholic trees). Eventually they recover and get back on track.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

13. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast