Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Post Thanks / Like

A few questions

I am curious in what people would like to have in their home, I am going to sell my home and have been doing insane DIY projects when I have had the time. I was wondering what types of upgrades people like in their homes, I am installing wiring today for a whole house stereo system and I was just wondering what else do people out there like to have in their homes. Also what is a good area in Heights to live, low to mid 300s, and lastly any good real estate agents?

These are the things I want to do - please tell me if you have any suggestions
    retaining wall
    Granite countertops with drop in sink in Kitchen and bathrooms - is it necessary that they match from kitchen to bathrooms?
    slate in bathrooms
    jet tub
    patio enclosure
    shed in back yard
    Modernize all walk in closets
    update mirrors in bathrooms
    Wainscotting in dining room and master bed

This is a list of stuff I have done at the current place
    1. Crown molding in all rooms
    2. Water softener
    3. Whole house water filter
    4. solid Hard wood floors downstairs
    5. recessed lights
    6. Stainless steel appliances and washer and dryer (do people sell those with their houses?)
    7. Rod on balusters
    8. solar screens
    9. rocker switches
    10. dimmer lights
    11. fans in all rooms and office
    12. lever knobs
    13. cabinet handles
    14. stained concrete patio and front porch
    15. I am going to sell the Smart TVs with the place, do people do that?
    16. painted garage
    17. upgraded light fixtures
    18. Auto-on lights in bathrooms
    19. stained fence
    20. The house came with chingos of other upgrades but these are the ones that I have done on my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is that decrepit old house? How many sq ft? I would like to see it. May make an offer after you put in that granite and slate (nix on the tub... we're shower only people).

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, 3600 sq ft, your a funny guy/girl by the way. No on the tub, huh? Would you say your in the minority on that? Because I could care less about a tub too, I mean how often do people take baths these days? Once or twice for me in the last ten years, but I think if we turn it into one of those extended whirl pool tubs I might have a little more use of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could put in one of those modern type tubs. They're popular with the older and disabled crowds. It has deep sides and a water tight door. One can take a standing shower or a sit down bath with little trouble in standing. They also have whirl pool jets for a hot tub type soak. Just don't try to get out in a hurry while using that feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IronErnin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They also have whirl pool jets for a hot tub type soak. Just don't try to get out in a hurry while using that feature.
    I do like those, problem with those is that it is not a real DIY thing. You gotta hire someone for it and it is odd how much people charge you for labor these day, seems like deflation.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Rebath folks to a turnkey operation. Be careful though. They did a job for a good friend but missed city code requirements for the shower door by two inches. It was really not their fault because they had given the specs. to the city and the city gave them the permit but when Code Enforcement came out to inspect the job (yeah, what a surprise, they actually did their job for once) they failed the job and now Rebath and the city are fighting while the home owner has not had the use of his shower for months.

You did not tell me where that 3600 sq ft Taj Majal is located so I can look it over and drool all over the new hardwood floors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd prefer to keep all of you overly conservative folk at bay. I do not have the bars on my window, I was told that it is not inviting, go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't sound to me like you need any advice, you pretty much have it programed and have your own ideas in play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't sound to me like you need any advice, you pretty much have it programed and have your own ideas in play.
    Nah, one should always listen to his elders, and see if they have some wisdom. There could be a real estate agent on here that knows the industry as well, I will not know unless I ask. The site reaffirmed the idea of getting a whirlpool tub as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, I was going to offer him $170,000 as is, but he chose to slam me as a conservative instead. I wish him luck in today's market.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast