Thread: Little Milo (11 lbs) is looking for a home

Post Thanks / Like

Little Milo (11 lbs) is looking for a home

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet6105822.html

Milo is staying with a rescuer friend of mine until she can find him a forever home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83374563.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	2115

He is about 2 years old, gets along great with all other dogs and cats. He is still a little bit shy with people but comes when you call him. He loves to get petted and run around and REALLY loves to play, (especially with other, including large dogs)
    He dreams of a loving home. He mostly just wants to cuddle or sleep somewhere, but will also love some energetic play time or a good walk. A playmate would be fantastic for him, I think he would be lonely without another dog.
    He is crate trained (but doesn't need one!)
    Heart worm negative and on prevention, up to date on shots, neutered and micro chipped. Adoption contract will be required. The adoption fee is $150. If you are interested, please fill out the adoption application at www.pitsnpups.org and someone will get back with you shortly.
    I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy. George Bernard Shaw
    BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER

Post Thanks / Like
    He's a cute. What about his previous owner??
    It's not the destination that matters......it's the company!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some comments his rescue mom gave me when I asked her your question:

"I can tell you he was at Killeen animal control at least for 8 weeks and I pulled him out in July, that means he was lost in or before May 2011
    He was also extremely emaciated so i would think he was stray at least a few weeks. He also never saw a vet as he got really sick (had no shots, came with canine influenza), wasn't neutered and not microchipped either. So one way or another not a caring owner."

Does that answer you question? He is now fully vetted, socialized and used to living in a home. My friend teaches all her rescues how to live with people and not just lock them up in a kennel until they get adopted. Her adoption fees do not cover the money she invests in her rescues, that is a fact.
    Last edited by poundpup; December 17th, 2011 at 9:53 PM. Reason: Spell-oh
    I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy. George Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    He sure is a cutie. Good thing I already have 2 big babies here or I would be tempted. Hope Santa gives him a good family for Christmas.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

5. Thanks Firecracker thanked this post
    Likes poundpup, Rotti_mama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milo and several others still need homes. My friend needs to reduce the number of animals she has in her care for a number of reasons. So if you want to adopt a very nice dog, please check with Pits N Pups. She does not have only pit bulls. She has a very nice coon hound, some chihuahuas, a couple of pomeranians, and of course, all of the dogs a re fully vetted, have their shots, and are fixed. Her adoption fee is $150, which is only a fraction of the price it would cost to do the spay neuter surgery and full set of puppy shots individually.
    http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=TX1605