Thread: Transplanting

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like

Transplanting

I want to transplant a lantana bush that's flowering now. Good idea? Bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    great idea and time BUT, prune it back or at least dead head it and water it well during the winter if we don't get our rains......mac

Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to transplant a lantana bush that's flowering now. Good idea? Bad?
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

3. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lantana has survived. Related question now: I have a couple of "mosquito plants" or citronella in pots, that the Internet tells me are related to geraniums. They're very large and healthy (surprisingly, since I'm not talented with plants) and I want to preserve them for outdoors next spring.

We are in zone 8a, and the Net says they aren't safe outdoors throughout our winter.

Should they be actually in the house where they will be warm or in the garage where they will be protected from the extreme temps if we have any this winter?
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

Transplanting

The lantana has survived. Related question now: I have a couple of "mosquito plants" or citronella in pots, that the Internet tells me are related to geraniums. They're very large and healthy (surprisingly, since I'm not talented with plants) and I want to preserve them for outdoors next spring.

We are in zone 8a, and the Net says they aren't safe outdoors throughout our winter.

Should they be actually in the house where they will be warm or in the garage where they will be protected from the extreme temps if we have any this winter?
    We keep our bougainvillea out of doors and put them in the garage when freeze is forecast. They are tropical plants and have done very well. I suppose the citronella are more hardy and would thrive with the same treatment.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

6. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as they don't freeze or frost they'll be ok. need to trim 'em back a bit, maybe even split 'em when you set 'em back out.....mac

8. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't known about your mosquito plants, but my mother always used to bring her geraniums into the garage. She'd trim them back and water them occassioinaly. [I know you'll forgive my terrible spelling, but this is one word that always gets me, and I'm too tired and lazy tonight to go look it up.]

10. Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    LOL Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a couple of citronella plants, too. Clipped off the dead stuff and put them in the garage. We leave the light on in there. They've been nice and green since Nov 11th.

12. Likes Grammar Rules liked this post