Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Post Thanks / Like

Penn State

The silence is deafening. I guess pedophilia is exciting only when accusations/arrests are about Catholic priests.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Or people just don't give a ####e.
    But, good job jumping to conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeppers, you are right. It wasn't about priests so no one cares, except you. Hows that working out for you? Trying to make an excuse for priests by pointing out others do it also. I thought you heald priests to a higher standard than a coach. I know I do.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I make no excuse for anyone, priest or lay person. I just find it curious that there is no outrage unless it is a Catholic a priest who is accused. No, I do not hold priests to a higher standard, neither do I hold bishops or even the pope to a higher standard. I understand that all human beings are capable for falling short. IMO, to hold anyone to a higher standard is a gross disservice to that person.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

5. LOL kantwin LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The silence is deafening. I guess pedophilia is exciting only when accusations/arrests are about Catholic priests.
    What are you even talking about? The title is about Penn State the section is football and you are going off about pedophilia and priests.

7. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    What are you even talking about? ...
    One ought not depend on CTT for all the news.

Just so you know, Penn State former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky has been charged by a Grand Jury with allegedly engaged in fondling, oral and anal sex with young boys over a period of more than 10 years, according to an investigative. He maintains he is innocent. Also named in the state grand jury report are Penn State Athletic Director Timothy Curley, 57, and Gary Schultz, 62, the university's senior vice president for finance and business. They face one count of perjury each in connection to an alleged cover-up of the abuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why of course I should depend on CTT! How dare you suggest otherwise.

Anyways I was busy at work all day and didn't have time to look at the news. When I came home I came here and saw your heading and then a message that didn't match. You should have at least posted a link to the news story!

And yes I do believe that a priest bishop and whoever else calls themselves a man of the clothe should be held to higher expectations.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I happen to think that anyone, regardless of what they are called, be it priest, or coach, if they are trusted with kids, should be held to a higher standard. Ruining a kids life means that child's life is ruined and I don't have much respect for anyone who would use this sad story as an opportunity to try to score some kind of debate points.

I didn't buy Paterno's statement. In 2002, an assistant reported to Paterno that he saw this punk "performing" in the shower and all Paterno does it report it to the athletic director. No one thought to call the police?

Sorry Paterno has to go out like this, but to claim that he spent his life helping kids, then turns his back on this, negates everything.

11. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    What do you mean "silence?" It's all over the internet news sites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truly sad. I'm not a Penn State fan, but Joe Paterno is a legend and, while not implicated in this, will undoubtedly take heat for it.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast