Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Post Thanks / Like
    going on since 2002 ,fired

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The interim coach has been on the coaching staff since 1979. Does anyone think he didn't know what was going on as well?

3. Thanks FieryPrincess, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he does, if not he doesn't deserve to be a coach. From what I have read this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot more waiting to be discovered.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided that what bugs me most about all the press on Paterno is that it is taking spotlight away from Sandusky - the true criminal here.

My husband stated that everyone who knew anything about it ought to be fired if that's the way they want to go. I tend to agree.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, but they are trying to save their season. They believe that they have a better than average chance of going to the Rose Bowl and that's worth millions and that's all that matters in professional college sports.

I thought I heard Jeff Ward say that Sandusky took a kid to the Alamo Bowl and he stayed in his room.

I think the entire athletic department should be shuttered until this is sorted out.

Post Thanks / Like
    One radio show alleged yesterday that the local District Attorney near Penn State had enough evidence to put Sandusky away in 1998...but chose NOT TO!!
    One could ask him why...if they knew where HE is today!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45244328...iladelphia_pa/
    I used to think that DAs did nothing but go after 'especially heinous' cases, the higher profile the better. If Gricar had even ATTEMPTED to try Sandusky on the child rape charges, we wouldn't be here today discussing the firing of JoePa!
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, but they are trying to save their season. They believe that they have a better than average chance of going to the Rose Bowl and that's worth millions and that's all that matters in professional college sports.

I thought I heard Jeff Ward say that Sandusky took a kid to the Alamo Bowl and he stayed in his room.

I think the entire athletic department should be shuttered until this is sorted out.
    I heard him say exactly that about the Alamo Bowl. Jeff Ward read the whole indictment, but I haven't gotten up the courage yet. Several people reportedly saw Sandusky showering with boys over the years, and at the high school where he took some of the troubled kids, he claimed to be wrestling with boys when seen in --I guess -- a position. There are no excuses for anyone looking the other way even once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One radio show alleged yesterday that the local District Attorney near Penn State had enough evidence to put Sandusky away in 1998...but chose NOT TO!!
    One could ask him why...if they knew where HE is today!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45244328...iladelphia_pa/
    I used to think that DAs did nothing but go after 'especially heinous' cases, the higher profile the better. If Gricar had even ATTEMPTED to try Sandusky on the child rape charges, we wouldn't be here today discussing the firing of JoePa!
    I think I remember that the DA would had the case disappeared in 2005 and hasn't been seen since. Wonder where he or his body is?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    A link to a good column about the Penn State mess:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11...as-legacy.html

Randy Galloway makes some good points about Paterno's culpability and potential criminal liability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, what on earth were they thinking?

What about federal charges? Does taking kids across state lines make it a federal crime? Can Texas and other states they traveled to go after them?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast