Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Penn State is trying to cover their 4th point of contact and FINALLY did the right thing. I have never been a JoePa fan. But this is sad for the kids involved that are going through this because this man didn't do the right thing. He was more concerned for his legecy and now he will always be remember for this.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son is watching ESPN right now and they are reporting some rioting going on right now in support of him.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The reporter said that they are just there. Looking shocked and that it is absolutely quiet. I hope there isn't any violence. They need to band together for the kids who were harmed. This isn't about football anymore.

5. Likes dawglover liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the article I read, it sounds as if Paterno reported up his chain of command and followed the legal letter of the law. He didn't witness anything happening and by reporting, it should have been investigated to discern the veracity of the complaint. The people should have been fired/arrested/etc Paterno reported what was reported to him. He didn't cover it up or hide it and as a coach, he didn't have the investigative authority to carry an allegation this strong to its end.

The university is full-on damage control mode. I don't think their decision was a wise one, but was probably a legally neccesary one. Look how the court of public opinion has already reacted.

I agree with the poster that stated that if they had witnessed a man assaulting a boy sexually that they would have gone after the man with a stick (paraphrasing). I do not agree with the people calling for his head that say he should have done more. There is a system for a reason. Fix the system if it is broken. In this case, I think it was more of a matter of the system not getting used. It is easy to look back and say what should have happened. Sure is hell when you can't trust the people above you on the chain to do the right thing.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should have let him just retire at the end of the season.
    The PSU Board of Trustees is just worried about a bunch of lawsuits now being filed.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The more you read about the Penn State situation it makes one wonder if they should have a self-imposed death penalty for their football program. Apparently, this Sandusky creep was hanging out in the locker room as recently as last week. You can't tell me that his activity and tendencies were not fodder for gossip all over that town. I just don't know how anyone associated with this program is not tarnished to some extent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have foster children and & I know what abuse does to a child. Anyone that thinks he did "enough" is just wrong. I'm sure there were plenty of people that knew my kids were being hurt too and never said a word. Now I get to see the aftermath of that. Just because you do not have a legal obligation to do something does not make you any less responsible if you stand by while it happens.
    He doesn't just deserve to be fired; he should have to spend time with these kids and explain to them why he never tried to help make it stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    And he still allowed the scumbag the use of the stadium for the last 12 years. Something ain't smelling right.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think you're right. i told ursula yestereday at around noon that there were more shoes to be dropped...and then paterno got fired last night and it makes me look like a genius......i just hope that we know the worst about paterno....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast