Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Cove vs Shoemaker

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

I have been a Dawg fan for many years and my kid ended up with a full ride to college because of their success, but you make us look like "butts" when you make statements like you did. Try having a few less drinks when you are posting and remember that the kids playing are still just kids. I know Jack works hard to make sure the students athletes behave with respect, you should learn that lesson.

2. Likes xzochye, lovinlife liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave there is nothing wrong with admitting defeat gracefully....as in me saying I was wrong, you were right, it was a blow out. I truly always believed Cove would win, duh, but I did think it would be a close game. I don't know who those gray wolves were last night.
    What I do know is I have compassion and my heart broke for them. I just thought, if one of those boys were my son, I would be crying because I knew his frustration would have been hard to witness.
    It is one thing to brag and show pride, but you take pride to a level where it is almost a weird form of jingoism or obsession.
    Be happy. Be proud. Brag even. But bragging shouldn't be done in a way that destroys the spirit of another person. Especially a CHILD. Please?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

4. Thanks lovinlife, Grammar Rules, THEMEANOGRE thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have never guessed that Shoemaker would self destruct. I will say, I am impressed with Cove coaches for not trying to run up the score. Had the second team in the second quarter, took a knee in second quarter, field goal on first down, because they knew the second and third teamers would go score. Just impressive. But I'm eating crow today

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack Welch has never run up the score on anyone. The only time I recall something even remotely close to that was 2002 (I think) when the Dawgs were playing Temple and had the game well in hand. Cove had the ball around Temple's 20 late in the 4th quarter and on second down the QB, Josh Welch, took a knee and some Temple players plowed into him. The officials never threw a flag. Jack Welch decided then so much for sportsmanship. On the next play Cove scored.
    To all others, if I came across as way too strong I apologize. I remember when Cove was on the wrong end of these blowouts. It's not fun; it's demoralizing to the kids who lose like that.
    Heights will give Cove a good game next week. They always play Cove close.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, the Dawgs could have gone over a hundred easy. Coach Welch is a class guy. The reserves scored in the second quarter and if he had not tried the field goal, they would have scored again. Now Heights will be a tough foe for the Dawgs. Could be a win for Heights. They are bigger and physically more powerful.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best part of last night's game was seeing a cute little varsity cheerleader go and sit beside my son during half time. She put her arm through his and rested her head on his shoulder! Now if I can only get more info out of him........hmmmmm! lol

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mom! I was there! She "IS JUST A FRIEND!"

I thought the best part was sitting in front of the entire Ellison coaching staff and watching them just shake their heads.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

11. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will be shaking their heads in disbelief and misery next week! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Next week will be a game worth watching finally!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you were on your knees with head bowed when you posted that.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast