Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dan Wheldon Killed in Crash in Vegas

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the red car blew a tire and that started the whole thing. It also looks like there were a lot of drivers in back that kept their foot on the gas and one driver slowed down in front of them. Wrecks happen in racing all the time, I really don't think the number of cars had anything to do with this one, it was a blown tire at 200+mph.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Wheldon loved to drive fast, from the time he first took the wheel of a go-kart when he was 4 years old, but the two-time Indianapolis 500 winner had begun to have concerns about the speeds cars were reaching on the IndyCar circuit.

He and other drivers had also expressed concern about the conditions for Sunday's IndyCar series final at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

It was crowded -- 34 cars -- and drivers were speeding, even by Indy standards, getting up to 225 mph. As ABC News' Josh Elliott noted, "Even the tiniest mistake can touch off wrecks like we see today."
    Read the complete article here:
    http://gma.yahoo.com/indy-500-winner...012702976.html

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or it could be some serious bandages on his head.
    Based on this article, I think he was DOA at the infield care center... Time of death was 1:54pm (Mountain Time)... That's the approximate time of the crash... I could be wrong though...

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news?slu...wheldonautopsy

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree he was DOA at impact. They were trying to spare the wife and fans. Just my opinion.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I concur with your opinion however, I think they did more harm than good but dragging it out so long...

I was at Indy one year when Gordon Smiley died during qualifying... From the time of the crash until they made the announcement was less than 30 minutes...he died on impact with the Turn 3 wall...

Post Thanks / Like
    They need to stop racing on the progressive banking ovals. Ovals are ok just not the ones with progressive banking,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2