Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Divorce with kid & what to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by christine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks but I have had my moments the last few weeks.
    Iv found out How hard it is getting everything worked out and trying to divide up things. I can't imagine doing that and being at each others throats.
    Here's how you deal with that. If neither of you can agree on who should get a particular item of value, just agree to give it to me. PROBLEM SOLVED!

2. LOL harleygirl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I'll keep that in mind
    Laughter is the best cure all & growing up is optional not mandatory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can Owl and I get the ladder you used to climb up onto the roof?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may need that still. I am still under major stress I could use a vacation after it's all done.

7. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you. Being a child of divorced parents were Dad blamed Mom and payed no child support, a Mom who was great and struggled to make ends meat, and feeling like after 23 years I might be headed down that road, it breaks my heart.
    Just remember to put your kids first and at one time you loved your husband so he can't be all bad. Possessions are not as important as feelings.
    After 25 years I still don't have a great relationship with my Dad, because of things he said and did back then.

9. Saddened by cnjbond, CenTexDave is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My parents were divorced. I was about 3 so I never remember them being together. My biggest piece of advice has already been stated by others. Don't speak I'll of each other and really try to remain friendly and united for your child. I'm sorry your marriage is ending. I'm sure you aren't going into it lightly.

Post Thanks / Like
    And remember, it's cheaper to take out a contract on the other one than pay for a lawyer.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my ex divorced when our daughter was almost 3. We both had divorced parents and the first year was rough but we have grown a new respect for each other as our daughters other parent! We do not bad mouth each other, I never did that in front of her, or even in the same house as her (trust me, they hear everything). Luckily, I do not 'need' his child support. This has worked both ways. He is a contractor now, when he is overseas he will send way more than he has too, or if it her two 'expensive months', August and December, he'll give me more. There was about a six month period where he was laid off and I said don't send me anything, like I said, I don't 'need' it. My point is, get all of yalls business straightened out first. I'm sure you both love your child and what the best for your child.... as soon as you figure out the 'mess' that is the divorce and dividing a household figuring out whats best for the child will come a lot easier because it is something you both truly have the same common interest in mind. It already sounds to me like you are handling this without 'over the top' drama... not saying that it is easy, but you are dealing. I wish the best of luck to you.

OH! One more thing, Just my opinion, but I would never had paid a lawyer as much as I did if I would have known how easy it was to get a non-contested divorce.

13. Likes stormy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    its good to hear that it can work out for the best. I was raised with two parents who were still married and are still happy together. my husbands parents divorced when he was very young but it was ugly for a long time so i'm really hoping things turn out for the best.
    yeah we aren't going for a lawyer especially since I've got some help getting all the paperwork for a non-contested divorce. the only thing it will cost is the court fees/filing fees. so sorry Dave but im not gonna need the services of a hired gun lol

15. Likes Supergirl liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wasn't talking about a lawyer!!!!

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

17. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast