4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%

Thread: Woods heads home, no-names carry on in Atlanta

Post Thanks / Like

Question Woods heads home, no-names carry on in Atlanta

I have to think now that Tiger is done... He's washed up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...gachampionship

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he still has one or two more wins in him, but I don't think he'll get the Bear's record now...
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    He was never the golfer the Golden Bear was. Woods and the younger golfers have much better clubs and balls now. They make a 7500 yd course play like a 5500 yd course. Jack and the players of his era would eat these guys lunch on a daily basis.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Tiger was the greatest of his generation, but like football teams of the past, can't really compare. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were, IMHO, the greatest ever. Might offend some real old timers who will think Bobby Jones, etc. were, but advances in technology - to include balls, clubs, layout of courses - made Tiger look great.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well he got another win...now let's see if he can win a major.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Was amused by the media saying that 'Tiger is Back"... When he's competitive in all tournaments next year I'll believe it... Until then, he's still washed up...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I laughed at that one too. The guy FINALLY won a tournament after a 2yr drought...BARELY! I agree, he's got to win a few more with stiffer competition before I'll consider him back. Not that my opinion counts since I'm not a professional golf coach/instructor.

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was amused by the media saying that 'Tiger is Back"... When he's competitive in all tournaments next year I'll believe it... Until then, he's still washed up...

Considering that he's "washed up", the $1,200,000 he just made for playing four rounds of golf over four days is more than I can gross in 24 years of teaching at the current highest level in KISD's pay scale. (sigh...)