Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Weight loss

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should this thread be put out of its misery as proposed 18 months ago?

Probably! However, rather than start a new thread, I'll try to divert this one back to weight loss. I like salads, especially in the summer, but as everyone knows, the high-fat dressings are nearly equivalent to eating a Big Mac. Dole has a salsa ranch Southwestern-type salad kit that includes lettuce, cheese, tortilla chips and dressing so good I could eat it alone, but again, high-fat! Most low-fat dressings taste like chemicals and corn syrup (because they are) so what to do?

Yogurt! Dressing, that is! Bolthouse Farms makes dressings with yogurt that are lower in fat and still delicious, available in the refrigerated section next to the bagged mixed salad greens and lettuce. Salsa Ranch, Caesar Parmigiano, and others. Crumble some tortilla chips or croutons, low fat cheese, chicken chunks, whatever, and enjoy better salads.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or make your own dressing. It is so easy. Get some good vinegar, olive oil or any other oil, add a little salt, a little sugar, fresh ground pepper, dill, parley, cilantro, green onions, some Greek yoghurt and, if you like, garlic. Wonderful and so much better than bottled "stuff". If the vinegar taste is too strong, just add a little water ....done.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

3. Likes CenTexDave, Grammar Rules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to my Family Practitioner this morning. He had an interesting observation. Would you rather live 75-80 years of happiness, or 100 years of misery. I chose the former because I will chose to eat what I want and will never exercise for the sake of exercise. In lieu of exercise I have no problem building barns, mending fences, tracking feral hogs, taking hikes, playing golf, or doing any other activity. I will die when it is my time to do so. In the meantime I intend to enjoy life.

I, too, greatly enjoy salads. My problem is that the bagged ones are so often so old as to be inedible and since I'm the only one eating salad it is not cost effective to buy the makings fresh. Accordingly, I find myself more often ordering salads in the local restaurants.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig - I would argue that your exercise is more authentic than anything that could come from a gym. I think gyms are around for people who don't have that.

I love Farmer's market season. Fresh fresh fresh!
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5