Thread: Carl Edwards re-signs with Roush Fenway Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Carl Edwards re-signs with Roush Fenway Racing

This should be of no surprise to anyone...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...ds-roushfenway

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I thought he just might go to JGR and Home Depot. LET THE SILLY SEASON commence!!! Now that he is out of the equation I see much more happening.....Boyer is the next up for will he stay or will he go!! Also, I think Joey's days are numbered, Home Depot is not goign to tolerate another Lowes domination. They are either goignto jump from JGR or you are going to see some more driver shopping by JGR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bowyer will remain at RCR...

I've got an idea where Home Depot could take their sponsorship... Take it to SHR and the 39...

I agree that Logano's days are numbered... He's not the 'end all, be all' that JGR thought he would be...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    SHR with Home Depot on the 39? What, you don't like seeing Army camo on Newman's car?

How about Home Depot...at Roush? He's needing at least two big sponsors (Crown Royal going away...and rumors of UPS leaving).
    Aflac might resign with Roush with Edwards staying.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I say I didn't like Army camo on the 39? I don't think so...

I think SHR would have the better shot at picking up Home Depot if they left JGR... Tony's sponsors shift to the 39 along with the Army and Tony drives HD colors... He drove those colors when he was at JGR...

Roush is needing one, maybe two, sponsor(s) but I don't HD will move there... Thought AFLAC resigned a long term deal last year... If I think about it, I'll check Jayski and find out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Got this from a racing Board I am on, seems to allude Joey is in trouble:

I was tweeting with an AP reporter last night, and some surprising things came to light.

Home Depot is under contract through 2013, but they want a new driver.

JGR didn't have a car for Joey to drive if Carl had signed. They planned to try and get him a sponsor of course, but things weren't looking good. They planned to put him in a NW car or loan him to JTG while paying his salary.

Joey needs to step it up big time to keep his career going, and he's only 21. I guess this is the downside of jumping into a high profile car at such an early age. Kez is right. Thinks have changed, and he is secure in the Millerlite car for just 2, maybe 3 years before his performance will decide his fate.