Thread: My Grandmother

Post Thanks / Like

My Grandmother

My Grandmother past away last thursday and my aunt & uncles have no money to take care of her services she already has a plot in lampasas that i set up for her 10 yrs ago we need $1,600.00 before the funeral home will do anything. I don't know what to do if my mom was still here she would know what to do but she past in 2003. If anyone has any ideas i would be vey thankful

2. Saddened by JoAnn Purser is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear that she passed away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you gotten advice from the funeral directors? Does social security help with this? Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you gotten advice from the funeral directors? Does social security help with this? Anyone?
    Social security gives $250.00 the funeral directors just want the money before they will do anything she had $850.00 and they took that to get her embalmed but now thay want $1,600 my aunt and uncles are all ss and have nothing it is a mess

Post Thanks / Like
    It is terribly sad what you are going through. I pray that an answer presents itself to you soon.

I think we were better off way back when. We took care of our own dead without the need of an expensive funeral director/service.

7. Thanks harleygirl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps if there were some military affiliation in the family. Then maybe an AER loan or grant could be extended to help with these expenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    someone donated $2,000.00 to my grandmother that this forum is about and i want to thank whoever it was that did it from the bottom of my heart!thank you thank you thank you.we were at a dead end of what to do until this has been donated.this will allow us to bury her but then we will have to pay $4,000.00 of the remaining balance in 30 days but that is the least of my worries right now.I just want to thank you again to whom did it.

melissa

10. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This forum is a good place.

I Am sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but see if you can't get someone from here to help negotiate what is actually needed. Funeral Directors that won't work out a payment plan are (IMO) also ones that would tend to take advantage and foist a lot of unnecessary extras. Someone slightly removed from the situation can help bring them back to earth.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the good LORD has answered my prayers my Grandmother will be layed to rest on Saturday and a big thanks goes to the anonymous person who gave $2000.00 to make it happen thank you lord.

13. Likes stormy liked this post