Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiger Blood

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think gnatsum's remark was not meant to be an attack. He is not like that at all. When I read it, I thought you would think of it as a compliment. But given the mood, and current tone of things, I can see how it could be taken as an insult.

You do edit yourself a lot. You delete more of your own messages than anyone. We can still see them and I often read the messages before I permanently delete them and wonder why you deleted some of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, I would think of it as a compliment, but the context, plus given the probable politics of those who have been attacking me, I figured it was meant as an insult. I don't really care, it doesn't bother me. I have thick skin.

That's funny that you can read my deleted messages. I had no idea. Most of the time I do that because I go back and reread, and see it can be easily misinterpreted. A lot of times I am not being serious, just tongue in cheek, or using irony. But that doesn't always translate well in text form. So I just delete it, because cleaning it up would just take too much time. Sometimes I'm just in a bad mood and write something I regret.
    "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

F.A. Hayek

3. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian McCall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok. A few points, and I won't say anything more about it.

• I'm not trying to be the "smartest person." I simply want an intelligent discussion.
    • In light of Gnatsum's comment about my being the second coming of Glenn Beck, I see that personal attacks against me are kosher (No, don't delete it). In fact I see them fly all the time on here. I concentrate on the ideas. I have been attacked personally on many occasions, but I take it with aplomb, and treat it as another chance to combat yet another bad argument. But aside from my *one* comment (not "continually" as bbh would believe) on here (Here, not on the main forum, but here addressed to the administrators) about mental midgets, I rarely if ever attack anyone personally. It's low, it's unproductive, and it doesn't win the argument. In fact, I have on many occasions gone back and edited a post to remove any accusatory language, or overuse of the word "you." But oh well. Maybe I should have done ad hominem all along, seeing as how I'm banned from a large portion of the forum now anyway.
    My comments conparing you to Beck weren't NECESSARILY an attack on you beliefs...some of which I do agree witb. but...

...when you fill up my computer screeen with obscure or verbose commentary, I then have to decide IF it's worth it to spend the time to read it WORD FOR WORD, scan it for something that stands out, or skip it and move on to the next post...

The few times I've watched Glenn Beck's old show, whenever he went to the chalkboard, THAT'S when I would leave the room to do something else, or changed the channels, because I figured that I ALREADY knew what he was going to illustrate, and I didn't need to see it to have an informed decision on that topic.

Peace, out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2