Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Prayers For Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Wolfcub....I forgot to include you in this thread. We are thinking about you as well. I send my prayers and thoughts to you & all your family.

"It's on like bing bong!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blessings and prayers to you and your family.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please keep the prayers coming for my older sister and brother. They are taking the death of our mother harder than the rest of us, including our step-father. He has always been a rock and still is.

Then, today, I was visiting my brother when the storms slammed the Raleigh area. The pictures below show a tree that came from somewhere and slammed into my brother's house. We first heard something hit the side of the house, and I told him and his girlfriend that we needed to get into the interior hallway, then we heard the big crash.

Yes, the base of that tree is in the hot tub. When it calmed down a bit, we went upstairs and saw the sky through the hole in the master bathroom.

Neighbors showed up instantly to ask if we were ok, then her son showed up and he and I took the clothes out of the closet so they would not get ruined. We had to do something.

They are in a hotel tonight and are fine. He has been dealing with some serious personal issues this past year, then our mother' passing, now his house was seriously damaged in the storms, so any prayers you can say for him will not be wasted.

Everyone else is fine, Wolfcub and my sister's house had no damage, but are without electricity. My step-dad (Mother's husband) and sister staying with him are fine, my Dad and sister out in the country are fine too. My sister said that the tornado passed over her house. So all in all, we are blessed.

My wife is flying in tomorrow and we are scheduled to fly home Monday night.

What a day!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad everyone is ok. Looks like a small tree but it still did a lot of damage. My prayers are with you and your family.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you NO.

It could have been, and was, so much worse in other areas of North Carolina. Last I heard, four confirmed dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!

The rest of the family, including my wife, came in today so we had a little get together. Tomorrow will be tough!

My brother was able to get the tree removed from his house and the insurance company came out to assess the damage. I talked to him tonight and he sounded good. Thank God!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rick, I had no idea you were from Raleigh. I am too. I am sorry for your loss. I'm thinking about you and your family right now. Yesterday reminded me of Hurricane Fran and another string of tornadoes from the 80s. Take care sir, again, sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rick's mother passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He is currently on a plane bound for Raleigh, NC.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Rick, and I hope it will give you peace of mind to know we're thinking of you. God Bless.
    I am so sorry. Please know Rick & family are in my prayers.

10. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torii, I am not from there/here, but damn near all of my family moved here when the economy in Ohio went south in the early 80's.

The news here tonight is saying that there were more than 240 tornadoes reported yesterday, which is more than after Fran.

Thank you for the thoughts.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast