Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Found dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long does one have to look for the original owners before they go get their new dog microchipped and stake claim? I have gone door to door around the neighborhood, posted his pic online, and taken him to the vet to check for microchip and get his shots done. Is there some rule to this procedure? I am scared that my kids will get even more attached and THEN in a month while they are outside walking him have some stranger come screaming that he is their dog...
    I don't know that there is a set time, But I think that as acceptable guidance, you could use the same time frame that the City of Killeen Animal Control uses as specified in the code of ordinances which states:
    Sec. 6-68. Disposition of unredeemed animals.
    Any animal impounded under this division not reclaimed by its owner within three (3) working days shall become the property of the city and shall be placed for adoption in a suitable home or humanely euthanized. (Code 1963, Ch. 2, art. 1, § 5(g) [Ord. No. 81-47, § 5, 9-22-81; Ord. No. 86-75, § 2, 9-23-86]; Ord. No. 02-22, § I, 5-28-02)
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Post Thanks / Like
    Good advice from Gramps. Three days is plenty of time to miss your dog. (Being sarcastic) If the people haven't posted in the lost and found or on Craigs List then they don't want him. Heck they could even post at vet's offices and with the Animal Control. To many throw-away dogs in this town.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

Post Thanks / Like
    how bout another picture with his happy self?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here he is! Complete with his new collar and rabies tag.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302805732.253657.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	1468

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    I say "Welcome to Scarlett's family!" He is a cutie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy is a good name but how about "Rhett"? Get it, Rhett and Scarlett.

7. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a Rufus for sure. Check out the ears!!!! Too cute.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...update...

My daughter was outside with the dog a little bit ago...I am still at Ellison. She just called me crying her eyes out. Some lady walked up and snatched the dog from my daughter, screamed at her for taking her dog, and left with him.

She is heartbroken.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well...update...

My daughter was outside with the dog a little bit ago...I am still at Ellison. She just called me crying her eyes out. Some lady walked up and snatched the dog from my daughter, screamed at her for taking her dog, and left with him.

She is heartbroken.

Wow! What a b! I hope your daughter can show you where she lives so that you can go over there and give her a piece of your mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG thats mind blowing. How does someone not look for their pet IMMEDIATELY and then snatch it from someone who loved it and cared for it.

TODAY we had a HUGE 100lbs at LEAST dog in our front yard when I let our 1 1/2lb chihuhua out to tinkle. HE was massive, his foot was the size of my baby. He walked right over to me, we loved him, got him a bowl of water, read his rabies tag (which was KVC, they contacted owner) he was picked up....literally picked up and put in the car. I did post him on craigslist as well....in the interim.

The owner was so grateful and he looked pretty damn happy too. The situation you describe makes my blood boil. It's so hard to fall OUT OF LOVE with a pet, especially for a child.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast