Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Crossing the Rainbow Bridge

Have not been around much lately because we unfortunately lost our beloved Bernie Girl this past Friday. She was a rescue Greyhound that my wife and I adopted over 10 years ago. She was my first dog (as an adult) and a friend to the end. She was all my son (now 8) knew as we had her before we had him.

I can still see her giving her "sniff of approval" for anyone that wanted to hold him when he was a baby. She was always there when I got home at my feet and always there to be my alarm clock each morning.

After losing 20 pounds over the past 6 months (from 60lbs to 40lbs), cancer finally got hold to the point where she put her head in my lap and looked at me to eill me "it was time and it was okay."

She would have been 14 this coming April and embodied the true meaning of a retired racer. I will miss her dearly and she will forever be my friend. Goodbye Bernie Girl.

2. Saddened by harleygirl is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    She was a very gentle dog. Sorry she is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, that's awful. She looks so sweet... So sorry for your loss.

"It's on like bing bong!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Remeber you will always have the memories and she will remain alive in your heart until you can join her on the rainbow bridge.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP Bernie Girl
    It's not the destination that matters......it's the company!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    she was fortunate to have someone who loved her as much as you did...........my thoughts are with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. Hope you will consider another rescue when the time is right.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

Post Thanks / Like
    For those as puzzled as was I, here's where the title of this thread came from:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Not theologically acceptable but certainly understandable. Gus, my white rat companion, awaits me on the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your pain having lost my lab/greyhound mix 6 weeks ago and she had gone through much the same thing. I think all we can do is to thank God that we had them for the time we did and enjoy the footprints they have left in our hearts.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

11. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a sweetheart. I am sorry for your loss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast