Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chewing gum

Post Thanks / Like

Chewing gum

How do you get gum out of short hair dog fur? My boxer must have rolled in some out in the grass and it is stuck in his fur. You can tell its hurts to pick at it because he turns his head back at my head when I try. Does the old peanut butter trick work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Penut butter or chocolate would, I believe, do the trick. But chocolate is toxic to canines.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about ice? Put the ice on the gum, then once it's hard take the back side of a butter knife (or something along the same line) to scrap the harden gum out.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it comes down to cutting it out, just remind yourself it will quickly grow.
    The secret to longevity is to eat a live frog first thing each day. Then nothing worse will happen to either of you all day.
    M.Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the olive oil that I cook with to get it out of my daughters hair... I rub it in until it breaks up and comb it out then make her wash her hair... I don't see it being much differnet for dog fur...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think ice or olive oil are good choices. As for chocolate and peanut butter, I would eat my treatment before I ever got around to putting it on the dog!!

As a side but related topic, has anyone else tried the new Reese's Peanut Butter Cup minis that are not individually wrapped? I'm sorry to report that I am addicted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are CRAZY delish!!!!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    On your side note, no I have not BUT..... Hello, I'm addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter cups, & I have not indulged in them in 4 days. Only because I'm out! We've made the first step admitting we have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the Lenten season and I have been fighting the urge to get the Reeses Bites. I don't know if I will be able to hold out until 24 April. Oh lordy... I ache!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody! I happen to have a secret recipe for HOMEMADE peanut butter bars that I bring to school functions and potlucks all the time because people beg for them. I always give out the recipe but whenever someone tries to make them theirselves they always tell me they never turn out right....I have no idea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast