The Central Texas Corinthian

UnSafe Communities through Incremental Gun Control

Rate this Entry
The push is on to begin the incremental movement towards confiscation of our Constitutional Rights.

Status and Summary of S.649
We have proposed bill text. This is not the final version that would be implemented, rather just a text to be voted on to go forward and be worked on. So more devilish details can/might be added in the future
Source: http://www.texasguntalk.com

Looks to me as if they are trying to outlaw all private sales:
(4) by inserting after subsection (s), as redesignated, the following:
‘(t)(1) Beginning on the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not licensed under this chapter to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon taking possession of the firearm, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the firearm from the licensee’s inventory to the unlicensed transferee.
I do not really agree with the description of these people, and having the opportunity to write about them after the votes in congress, it appears to me that several of them knew that once the bill reached the floor, it would die. Well, it isn't dead, but it is comatose. Dingy Harry can bring it back at any time.
The following are “Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing”. In other words … Democrats who ran for election under the Republican banner … Democrocrats who said all the right words as candidates to win the votes of Conservatives.

“The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

The 16 GOP senators that voted to end debate were:
Lamar Alexander of Tennessee;
Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire;
Richard Burr of North Carolina;
Saxby Chambliss of Georgia;
Tom Coburn of Oklahoma;
Susan Collins of Maine;
Bob Corker of Tennessee;
Jeff Flake of Arizona;
Lindsey Graham of South Carolina;
John Hoeven of North Dakota;
Johnny Isakson of Georgia;
Dean Heller of Nevada;
Mark Kirk of Illinois;
John McCain of Arizona;
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania;
Roger Wicker of Mississippi.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2QAlU6fva
Hat Tip: The Blaze
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes, 0 LOL, 0 Saddened by, 0 WTF

Updated May 2nd, 2014 at 6:46 PM by Mestral

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am surprised to see Coburn from OK on the list. Not surprised to see McCain on the list.
    I suspect it was a move to bring it to the floor and then kill it. Didn't really work, though, as political maneuvering by Dingy Harry put the bill in a state where he can bring it back at any time and try again to get it passed.