The Central Texas Corinthian

Needing a place where I can post things and know where to find them later, and needing a place where the threads cannot be hijacked or run on forever, I am establishing this blog to track congresscritters, social issues, and to post notices of events that I find interesting.

1. Why this forum is successful

It takes At Least Five People for an online community to be successful.

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/...l-the-rul.html
    Everywhere we went, people asked the same question: why is Wikipedia such a success, while my wiki languishes? What do you need to achieve critical mass? The answer, Jimmy said, is five people. Five individuals dedicated to an altruistic sharing of collective intelligence should be enough to produce a flowering similar to

Updated May 5th, 2015 at 9:23 AM by Mestral

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Search for Reliable Right Wing News

by , February 7th, 2015 at 8:35 AM (The Central Texas Corinthian)
    With Fox News beginning to soften up, and turning slightly liberal, and the local papers getting more and more unreliable, I decided it was time to hunt down some new, reliable right wing news sources.

(Be sure to check the end of the blog entry and comments for Updates)

Here are the ones I found: (followed by some I rejected)
    Newsmax - Nice balance - some variety - very little noise

Breitbart News - Texas - partners with Fox and has ...

Updated June 16th, 2015 at 8:58 AM by Mestral

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Security Levels, in Downunderspeak

by , November 25th, 2014 at 12:53 PM (The Central Texas Corinthian)
    I think for the rest of the year and 2015, I will mention security levels worded in the Downunderspeak system.

1. “No worries”

2. “She’ll be alright, Mate”

3. “Crikey!”

4. “I think we’ll need to cancel the Barbie this weekend”,

5. “The Barbie is cancelled”

It should be noted, “The Barbie is canceled” has not been reached in over 10 years.

Updated January 28th, 2016 at 11:05 AM by Mestral

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Not much point arguing with non-sentient people

We have to start realizing that there isn't really much point discussing some subjects with non-sentient people.

Sentient, and non-sentient
    . . . especially when he brought in his callers. I was reminded of Mark 8:18: "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?" I was also reminded of this passage from one of my insomniac readings recently:
    Between 1837 and 1841, it became clear to sentient observers that an apocalyptic battle

Updated February 4th, 2015 at 10:02 AM by Mestral

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Resources Discussing the Gun Grabbers

Just a long list of posts and articles dealing with the encroachment and infringement of the 2nd Amendment.
    Anyone with ideas that are suitable for adding to this list can either PM me or leave them as comments.

http://www.centextalk.com/vb/showthr...313#post305313
    Outdoor Life Magazine, and Guns and Ammo magazines had a little drama, caused by writers among their ranks, who inadvertently exposed their anti 2nd Amendment and ...

Updated June 27th, 2014 at 10:21 AM by Mestral

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast