PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with these idiots!!

wolfcub
February 8th, 2011, 6:44 AM
•Annett arrested for drunk driving: UPDATE: #62-Michael Annett, a driver for Rusty Wallace's Nationwide Series team, was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with driving while intoxicated, texting while driving, failure to reduce speed and resisting an officer in the Mooresville area. According to the police report Annett, 24, was arrested between 1:30 and 2 a.m. and had a blood alcohol content of .32, four times the legal limit of .08. A member of the Mooresville police department said the resisting issue occurred because Annett did not want to be handcuffed. (ESPN.com)(2-7-2011)
UPDATE: Statement from Rusty Wallace:Rusty Wallace Racing is aware of a traffic incident over the weekend involving Michael Annett, driver of our team's #62 car. We have been in contact with both the authorities and NASCAR and are finishing our internal investigation into the facts. Rusty Wallace Racing does not condone, nor tolerate, substance abuse by any of its employees. In line with this, RWR is currently working with Michael to develop a package of sanctions which will address this issue. Among these will be successful completion of a comprehensive alcohol awareness program, a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol use, a year-long community service program and additional internal sanctions. Stated Annett, "I am deeply remorseful for my actions and my extreme lack of judgment. I let down my team, my sponsors, my fans and my family; I sincerely apologize to everyone that I hurt. This was truly a life-changing moment for me. Despite all of the negativity that will undoubtedly arise from it, I'm going to strive to use this incident as the impetus to make a lot of positive changes in my life." (RWR)(2-7-2011)

Do these guys really think they are above the law or are there just that many freaking idiots in NASCAR??

TheOldProgrammer
February 8th, 2011, 3:44 PM
That was a rhetorical question wasn't it? :smoke