PDA

View Full Version : AnotherOne Bites the Dust...

TheOldProgrammer
January 28th, 2011, 8:12 AM
Titans, Fisher parting ways after 16 full seasons

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-fisher

:smoke

CenTexDave
January 28th, 2011, 9:05 AM
Of course Bud Adams will portray Fisher as an incompetent coach, when in reality he was the moron who insisted the Titans draft Vince Young. He's also the moron who moved the Oilers from Houston.
Jeff Fisher should have no trouble finding a head coaching job in the NFL. Too bad the Cowboys already hired theirs.

Rick
January 28th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Think his phone is ringing from Cleveland? I'd rather see them get Cowher, but Fisher will do.

cnjbond
January 28th, 2011, 3:52 PM
I like Fisher but what has he really done as a head coach besides the one Superbowl run?

Rick
January 28th, 2011, 4:17 PM
That's still more than any other available coaches out there. The successful ones quit and go into TV. Much less pressure. :)

TheOldProgrammer
January 28th, 2011, 4:26 PM
Which is probably why you won't find Bill Cowher roaming the sidelines anytime soon... :smoke

corgifan
January 28th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Fisher earned his nickname as "Coach .500." He's a fine coach for a team located in a mid-market, but he'll never be given the reins of an elite team. I don't believe his stone-faced flat-affect personality will translate well to television.

CenTexDave
January 28th, 2011, 9:13 PM
Think his phone is ringing from Cleveland? I'd rather see them get Cowher, but Fisher will do.

Cleveland already hired a new coach.

Rick
January 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I hadn't heard. Shurmer? I guess they aren't serious about EVER winning a Super Bowl. Or a game.

CenTexDave
January 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Not as long as the Lerner family owns the Browns. Bad move to award that franchise to them. The NFL should have awarded to the group headed by Bernie Kosar.

FieryPrincess
January 31st, 2011, 6:25 AM
I wouldn't put it past Adams to have waited so long to release Fisher just to screw his chances with other teams.

I was born and grew up in the Houston area. I am not even much of a football fan and I hate Bud Adams with the flaming heat of 1000 suns.

Here is just another example of why.