PDA

View Full Version : User Information Location???

Rick
January 20th, 2011, 6:46 PM
Which is better?

User information on the side:
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1339&d=1295583866

User information on top:
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1338&d=1295570939

Spartan
January 20th, 2011, 8:35 PM
I don't have to wear my readers for the first sample but it eats up a lot of screen space so my vote is for the second sample.

Spartan
January 20th, 2011, 8:36 PM
Sorry, I did not RTFQ properly. My vote still goes for the second sample though.

xzochye
January 20th, 2011, 9:19 PM
Wait Wait Wait! I think I may be confused! I like the information the way it is right now. Is the on the top or the side? LOL I may have voted for on the side. In my mind I was thinking that the info was on the side of the picture. So, Rick, if I voted wrong sorry...LOL:doh

Texas Immigrant
January 20th, 2011, 9:31 PM
Wait a sec, xzochye, are you from Florida? :))

Rick
January 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Wait Wait Wait! I think I may be confused! I like the information the way it is right now. Is the on the top or the side? LOL I may have voted for on the side. In my mind I was thinking that the info was on the side of the picture. So, Rick, if I voted wrong sorry...LOL:doh
It is on the top right now. I can change it to the side.

I think it makes reading the topics easier to read, but will go with the majority on this.

I will change it to the side now so you can see it instead of a clip.

Rick
January 20th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Here's a wider screenshot with it on the side.

The font size will be the same as it is now. Moving the information has no bearing on that.

Spartan
January 20th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Now that the font issue is not clouding the question, I've changed my mind. I like it on the side but I already voted and can't retract my vote.

dawglover
January 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Six of one and a half dozen of the other. Either/Or - both are just fine. My advice, flip a coin to decide.

Rick
January 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Now that the font issue is not clouding the question, I've changed my mind. I like it on the side but I already voted and can't retract my vote.
This isn't Florida, won't be squinting to find hanging chads...lol

TheOldProgrammer
January 21st, 2011, 6:33 AM
I kinda like it on the side better...

obtw; I should mention that when you first post the 'status' and the "I am" don't show up with the post however, if you come back later, it is... Edit a post and it goes away again... :smoke

Rick
January 21st, 2011, 6:55 AM
We'll suspend the poll until after I get the final style that I purchased complete. I think the major bugs are worked out of it so after I make it the default, we will see what people like best regarding the postbit location.

The status thing is quirky like that. Reload the page after setting it, and it should be ok. I'll test it some more.

TheOldProgrammer
January 21st, 2011, 7:35 AM
We'll suspend the poll until after I get the final style that I purchased complete. I think the major bugs are worked out of it so after I make it the default, we will see what people like best regarding the postbit location.

The status thing is quirky like that. Reload the page after setting it, and it should be ok. I'll test it some more.

I don't believe so... I've never seen this prior to today... :smoke

circle_c
January 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Really don't care, could hide it under a drop down menu if you want.

Brian McCall
January 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
If it looks the way it does now, like javascript form fields (text in white rectangles) I don't like it either way. It's confusing and tends to clutter up the screen.

Night Owl
January 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
The current format is really, really bad. Please try sonething else, even the pink.:rolleyes

Rick
January 21st, 2011, 1:27 PM
Go to the bottom left corner and select between the two, either this one, or the default. I'll just maintain both of them.

Night Owl
January 21st, 2011, 2:59 PM
Much better now.