PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

cnjbond
January 6th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Vince Young is out in Tennessee...where does he go now? There are a lot of teams that need a QB so I don't think he'll be out of a job very long.

TheOldProgrammer
January 6th, 2011, 6:50 AM
He could be a great QB if he'd grow up... He kinda reminds me of Jeff George... :smoke

cnjbond
January 6th, 2011, 4:08 PM
I agree 100%, hopefully this is the wakeup call that he needed...time is running out for him, he's been in the league for 5yrs now.

corgifan
January 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry bring him to Dallas.

cnjbond
January 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Whoa, bite your tongue!!!!

FieryPrincess
January 9th, 2011, 8:24 AM
It wouldn't surprise me either and I don't follow a lot of football.

Jerry Jones is known for his odd decisions.

I did like seeing Adams pick the coach over the qb. I figured that if it went the other way, the new coach was doomed.

wolfcub
January 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Carolina is in need of BIG help in every area

beaver
January 9th, 2011, 4:30 PM

He could throw t-shirts into the stands.

corgifan
January 9th, 2011, 4:41 PM
Jerry or Vince?

beaver
January 9th, 2011, 5:57 PM
Jerry or Vince?

Young, he had practice with this his last game for Tennessee.

cnjbond
January 10th, 2011, 7:48 AM
Here's a ringing endorsement of Jeff Fisher from the owner Bud Adams:

Give Titans owner Bud Adams credit for being honest. When most people say it’s not about the money, it’s always about the money.

Adams admits his decision to keep coach Jeff Fisher was largely about the money.

“With what I am paying him, I am not going to let him go and pay him a lot of money,” Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean. “I was thinking we could get him and Vince [Young] together, but it wasn’t going to work so I had to stick with Jeff and let Vince go.”

Adams also didn’t consider giving Fisher an extension. The owner may take some criticism for his stance, but it’s logical.

Paying Fisher to do nothing and a brand new coaching staff with a lockout possibly killing offseason practices makes no sense. Adams made it clear he tried to get Fisher to accept Young coming back, but Fisher wouldn’t budge.

Now all Fisher has to do is win in 2011 or he’ll be elsewhere.

“If we don’t start winning games you wonder about the coaching,” Adams said. “You look around the league right now and a lot of teams are letting coaches go. I don’t have to tell Jeff anything.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/09/bud-adams-i-didnt-consider-firing-fisher-because-of-contract/)

TheOldProgrammer
January 10th, 2011, 8:01 AM
From the sound of things, Fisher could be elsewhere regardless of what happens...

Sounds like Miami... They locked Sporano out, then when the deal with Harbaugh fell through, they gave him a contract extension...

That's life in the No Fun League...
:smoke

CenTexDave
January 10th, 2011, 9:11 AM
Fisher is a very good coach. I read they extended him.
Bud Adams is a cheap skate. Pay some money to get some talent. They might return to their glory days.

cnjbond
January 10th, 2011, 9:27 AM
They extended him a few years ago, this is the last year of his contract.

Rick
January 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM
The potential lockout has a lot of owners holding their cards for next year.

As for the Fisher/Young feud, if Adams kept Young over Fisher, it would send a message to the players that they, not the coach, are in charge of the team.

Adams is smart enough to know that that is not a climate that he wants to foster.

He may have wanted to get rid of Fisher, but Young acting the way he did, forced him to do the opposite.

Just my opinion

cnjbond
January 10th, 2011, 1:20 PM
I don't think the players will have much respect for a coach that was only kept in the job because it was cheaper to keep him than fire him. Adams should have kept his reasoning for keeping Fisher to himself or gave the typical song and dance about backing his coach.

I think a lot of the players still respect Fisher but there were already cracks in the team forming after the announcement of Young's release. It's gonna take a miracle for him to keep his job at the end of next season.

But who knows, maybe they'll rally around him like the Giants did with Coughlin during their SuperBowl run...

cityboy
January 12th, 2011, 1:47 PM
VY is one of the biggest busts in recent memory, along with the QB from USC. Cam Newton will suffer the same fate in the pros, where he won't be able to maneuver like he can in college. And Ryan Mallett will never be an NFL starter. All it takes to shut him down is one good hit ...