Rick
January 1st, 2011, 7:16 PM
They earned that one.

cnjbond
January 1st, 2011, 7:28 PM
Now THAT was a good game!!!

Night Owl
January 1st, 2011, 7:28 PM
Got real interesting at the end. Wisconsin had a real good team this year. Big 10 co-champs.

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2011, 7:59 PM
Best game of the day.

FieryPrincess
January 1st, 2011, 9:02 PM
I love to see an underdog win.

I love it even more when it might cause them to really think about that BCS system.

dawglover
January 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Go Frogs!!! PERFECT SEASON!!!!!

This is one of the few good news football stories this year. :clap:clap:clap

Night Owl
January 2nd, 2011, 1:13 PM
This win ranks right ahead of the Big 10 losing all 5 of their games. That is showing what they are made of, isn't it.

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2011, 8:01 PM
It was probably their worst bowl day ever, but I wouldn't knock the Big Ten that much. Northwestern got beat by Texas Tech, but Northwestern's starting QB didn't play due to injury. Michigan didn't even belong in a bowl game. Their coach is gonna be history in a day or two. Michigan State got stomped. I thought they were overrated all year. Iowa should have beat them, and they didn't play Ohio State this year. And Alabama may still be the best team in the country. They had Auburn and went to sleep. Iowa beat Missouri. Mizzou was supposed to be real good. Illinois dominated Baylor, but we knew that might happen. TCU is the real deal. Anyone with half a brain knowing about football knew that. It was a great game. Ohio State still has to play Tuesday against Arkansas.
Let's look at the Big 12. Oklahoma State won big time, so did Oklahoma - against a team that shouldn't have even been in a BCS Bowl Game (Connecticut). Nebraska lost to Washington, a team they beat 56-21 earlier this year. Get real. A&M plays Jan 7 against LSU.
Parity has just caught up to the big boys.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Right now it's 31-13, Ohio State over Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl. The number 6 and 8 ranked teams. So the demise of the Big Ten is not here yet.

Night Owl
January 5th, 2011, 7:24 AM
Yep, a 1-5 record in bowl games, the Big 10 should be proud.

Rick
January 5th, 2011, 9:10 AM
I think it was 3-5, Illinois spanking Baylor, Iowa upsetting Missouri, and then the Buckeyes beating Arkansas.

But all that matters is the fact that Ohio State won...:))

Looking forward to the Ghost Bowl featuring those Longhorns.

Night Owl
January 5th, 2011, 9:24 AM
They won't win that one this year.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2011, 1:59 PM
All powerhouse programs go through a downturn sooner or later. Witness Michigan, USC, Florida. Back in the 1930's (before my time, I read this) Minnesota was a national power. Some recover - witness Alabama which wasn't so great a few years ago. Some never do - witness Minnesota. Some barely crawl back - witness Nebraska.
It usually comes and goes, but if a team is down for more than 2 - 3 years the coach usually gets the axe - witness Michigan.