PDA

View Full Version : Dang Cable Feud!

cnjbond
December 25th, 2010, 2:32 PM
Once again the dreaded Cowboy game on NFL Networks that will not be viewed by the millions of TWC customers is upon us. I guess the outcry is getting quieter each year and both parties have signed their Armistice like North/South Korea... occasionally skirmishes will break out between the two camps but nothing major will come of it, just the innocent subscribers caught in the middle.

Night Owl
December 25th, 2010, 2:52 PM
Drop TWC. I did years ago and haven't been happier. I will be watching the game tonight.

CenTexDave
December 25th, 2010, 3:49 PM
Both DirecTv and Dish carry the NFL Network.
I imagine in a few years the majority of NFL games will be on the NFL Network.
Quit TWC now. I did years ago and am quite satisfied with DirecTv.

cnjbond
December 25th, 2010, 3:49 PM
I'm pretty close, everyone else in my family has made the switch. I think I might do it once I'm home for good from GA.

kisdparent
December 25th, 2010, 5:47 PM
Do you still use roadrunner for Internet or have you found a suitable alternative?

CenTexDave
December 25th, 2010, 7:35 PM
To all who can't get the NFLNetwork: You ain't missing a thing. Cowboys are getting blownout.

Scarlett
December 25th, 2010, 8:02 PM
It has been quite the ass whooping!

Scarlett
December 25th, 2010, 9:16 PM
Ok. Now it is 20-21! Turned into a better game...lol. Wouldn't not have thought that when it started...

Night Owl
December 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I have dish network and am quite pleased. I also dropped roadrunner and went with DSL. Little slower but nothing I can't live with.

cnjbond
December 25th, 2010, 11:55 PM
To all who can't get the NFLNetwork: You ain't missing a thing. Cowboys are getting blownout.
I was following the game online and through all the text messages I was getting from all my NONcowboy friends and you're right, I didn't miss (BLEEP)! They tried to make it exciting in the end but come on...the Cardinals with a rookie QB did THAT to the supposed Pre-season NFC Superbowl picks?!!! The defense finds new ways every week to suck even more!

cnjbond
December 25th, 2010, 11:58 PM
It has been quite the ass whooping!
When did you become such a big football fan? I must say I am quite shocked!!!!

Scarlett
December 26th, 2010, 2:30 AM
When did you become such a big football fan? I must say I am quite shocked!!!!

There are many sides to me...lol.

The end if that game was fun to watch. As soon as the Cowboy's kicker missed that extra point with a minute and a half to go I told my brother that lost them the game. Went from an overtime game to a "lost by one point because of our damn kicker who better be calling his agent in the morning" game.
What freaking KICKER misses an easy extra point in the NFL? If a college kicker screwed up like that he would be ****ed!

CenTexDave
December 26th, 2010, 8:47 AM
Yep, and add in a kicker that is unreliable at best - kicks a 53 yard field goal but misses an extra point - and you have the Cowboys' season in a nutshell.

cnjbond
December 26th, 2010, 3:38 PM
That kicker can't even do what they originally brought him in for and that's to kick touch-backs consistently. I guess the biggest thrill for Cowboy fans this is year is waiting to see who the next coach will be.

CenTexDave
December 26th, 2010, 7:10 PM
They may want to consider giving McGee an honest shot. He looked pretty good.

FieryPrincess
January 3rd, 2011, 9:16 PM
What freaking KICKER misses an easy extra point in the NFL?

The Texans kicker last year was a waste. I don't even follow football and I knew it.

corgifan
January 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
As much as I dislike the Cowboys, they rule Texas. The Texans are the definition of irrelevant. They're the Los Angeles Clippers of the NFL. They'll won't even get close to the fan base that the Oilers had.

Scarlett
January 4th, 2011, 7:18 AM
We have a team called The Texans?

Night Owl
January 4th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Yea, they play in Kansas somewhere!!

TheOldProgrammer
January 4th, 2011, 7:29 AM
Yea, they play in Kansas somewhere!!

You wouldn't be referring to the Dallas Texans of the AFL who are now known as the Kansas City Chiefs?

And the Houston Oilers, also initially of the AFL are now known as the Tennessee Titans... The New England Patriots were known as the Boston Patriots...

I know, most of those here probably never heard of the AFL... :smoke

Night Owl
January 4th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Dang, it didn't take you look to figure that one out.

TheOldProgrammer
January 4th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Nope... I grew up with the AFL and NFL competing with each other...for TV time. Then the NFL (No Fun League) swallowed up the AFL... Most of the AFL teams became what's now the AFC...

I'm sure you remember the IFL which lasted all of what? One season...

:smoke

Night Owl
January 4th, 2011, 8:11 AM
Yes I remember or I may have read about it somewhere. I don't want people thinking I am that OLD!!!! I also remember the Dallas Texans moving to KC and becoming the Chiefs.

Ahhh, the old AFC. That was a wide open league and was fun to watch.

How many NFL teams moved to the AFL when they merged?

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
3 - the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns (now the Baltimore Ravens) and Baltimore Colts (now Indianapolis Colts).

Night Owl
January 4th, 2011, 12:24 PM
:thumbsup

TheOldProgrammer
January 5th, 2011, 7:08 AM
Yes I remember or I may have read about it somewhere. I don't want people thinking I am that OLD!!!! I also remember the Dallas Texans moving to KC and becoming the Chiefs.

Ahhh, the old AFC. That was a wide open league and was fun to watch.

How many NFL teams moved to the AFL when they merged?

Don't you mean moved to the AFC? First there were "The Three Amigos"; here we have "The Three Old Farts"! :smoke