PDA

View Full Version : TOXIC SEAFOOD WARNING

dawglover
December 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I wonder how many of you knew about this. I sure didn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0F8x4i5GYE&feature=related

Spartan
December 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM
The reporter's final comment, "Chicken for me." is telling. Who knows where that chicken comes from? I don't doubt for a minute that we are competing with foreign imports in all proteins and that few of them are under FDA supervision.

THEMEANOGRE
December 5th, 2010, 6:16 AM
You mean the imported meats don't undergo USDA inspection in order to be brought into the country?

Spartan
December 5th, 2010, 6:46 AM
You mean the imported meats don't undergo USDA inspection in order to be brought into the country?

As with seafood, only a very small percentage.

Let me make you a little more comfortable. Several years ago I worked in the food processing business and I found the USDA inspectors to be over-committed, underpaid, and totally corrupt. If you did not "take care of them" they would close your production lines on a whim with no recourse. Food quality is 98% dependent on the professionalism of the producer.

kantwin
December 5th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Guess I got two things going for me.
I live in Alabama - one of the few states that tests.
I don't usually eat seafood.
Easy to sit here and say that the solution is also easy - don't import food. Period.
Or, have rules that say that a country that wants to export any product, including food, must also accept an equal amount of that same product as an import to their country.

CenTexDave
December 6th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I have one big thing going for me - I don't like the stuff. lol

Night Owl
December 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
We will all die from something. Why not seafood.

THEMEANOGRE
December 6th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Bite yer tongue, I'm gonna live ferever, so far, so good! :-) :)