PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Wade...

cnjbond
November 8th, 2010, 2:13 PM
Just saw on ESPN that Wade Phillips has been fired....HALLELUJAH!!!!

Wade Phillips Fired (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5780262)

CenTexDave
November 8th, 2010, 2:31 PM
Big deal. Now Jason Garrett will get to demonstrate how poor of a coach he is.

cnjbond
November 8th, 2010, 2:40 PM
I'll take one positive step at a time...Garrett will be gone at the end of the season. The big question is will JJ let next years coach hire his own staff and bring in his own defensive scheme.

TheOldProgrammer
November 8th, 2010, 3:51 PM
I'll take one positive step at a time...Garrett will be gone at the end of the season. The big question is will JJ let next years coach hire his own staff and bring in his own defensive scheme.

That will depend on who the new head coach is... I'd guess that if it's Cowher or Gruden, he will... :smoke

kantwin
November 8th, 2010, 5:20 PM
I heard Holmgren's name thrown around also. . .

kantwin
November 8th, 2010, 5:23 PM
Here's a play for them to try next time. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw

Chief
November 8th, 2010, 6:43 PM
Phillips didn't throw interceptions. Phillips didn't drop passes that hit him in the hands. Phillips didn't blow routes. Phillips didn't hire Garrett or Kitna. Garrett is responsible for miserable offense. Phillips took over defense and they stumbled around, blew coverage, missed tackles, and the TEAM played like crap. If they fired anyone they should have fired Garrett, benched their so called big money stars and trade them at seasons end. Jones needs to look in the mirror and hold himself and his staff responsible.

cnjbond
November 8th, 2010, 8:38 PM
JJ is trying to keep people coming to the Taj Mahal, although I agree with you that he should fire everyone of those over paid super stars that couldn't beat the Ethiopian one armed football team right now!

Proud Texan
November 8th, 2010, 9:42 PM
Jones needs to look in the mirror. When you don't let your coach discipline people for being late to meeting or falling asleep in meetings then the players are not going to respect the coach and do what they want. The only way the cowboys will return to greatness is if he hires a coach and lets them coach. Fox Sports Southwest was talking about this this afternoon and said that Jerry is the main reason for their fall. Remember the only time the cowboys have been great is during Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells and a couple of years after they left.

TheOldProgrammer
November 9th, 2010, 6:39 AM
I heard Holmgren's name thrown around also. . .

Don't think you'll see him leaving Cleveland anytime soon...:smoke

Chief
November 9th, 2010, 8:45 AM
He (Jones) will never get a coach like Cower or Gruden because they will want him to stay away from the team. Garrett is his golden boy and he will stay as coach and fail miserably.

TheOldProgrammer
November 9th, 2010, 8:56 AM
I agree with you but then again, I disagree... He won't get Cowher or Gruden for the reason(s) you stated but as for Garrett, if he doesn't turn the team around quickly; he'll be out on the street with Phillips... Thought I heard on the news last night that Wade's son was also with the Cowboys... Wonder how long that will last? :smoke

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
It's easier to fire a head coach than 47 players.
There will be a number of good, proven coaches available at season's end - Cowher, Gruden, Marty Schotteneheimer (although I imagine he likes retirement too much), and half a dozen others who will undoubtedly be fired because these prima donna players don't give their all.

cnjbond
November 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I was impressed with Garret's first press conference as the head coach, but we'll see how that translates to the players with him being in a lameduck status.

dawglover
November 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
This was long long long over due. Wade Phillips was about as bad a head coach as you could ever find. Time for Jerry Jones to talk to Bill Cowher.

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2010, 1:29 PM
I doubt Cowher would be interested as long as Jones keeps his meddling ways.
I think Cowher will end up as Carolina's coach.
And what's so great about Jon Gruden? He won a Super Bowl in Tampa with a team that Tony Dungy built up.
I'd be looking at Dungy before Gruden and the rest of them.

cnjbond
November 9th, 2010, 2:33 PM
Yeah but Gruden's Raiders were in that same Superbowl so he knows a little bit about building a winning team and he demands accountability from his players.

Proud Texan
November 9th, 2010, 2:58 PM
It doesn't matter who he hires. As long as he does not allow his coaches to discipline players(like he did with Wade) the cowboys will never be great again.

cnjbond
November 11th, 2010, 3:20 PM
Garrett's dropping the hammer on the Boyz. He made them show up early and practice in pads for his first practice as HC...he even had the NERVES to not allow spades or dominoes to be played during the break. The craziest part is that the players like it! Now my question is why couldn't a bunch of grown A$% overpaid men police themselves up and do this? RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Night Owl
November 11th, 2010, 3:49 PM
Where is the veteran leadership. That alone says a lot about this team.

corgifan
November 11th, 2010, 6:46 PM
I heard a sportscaster on ESPN radio say that Jones fired his #1 yes-man and promoted his #2 yes-man.

Spartan
November 11th, 2010, 6:48 PM
TEXAS Judge gives 7 year old right to decide custody...

A seven year old boy was at the center of a county courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy had a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

cnjbond
November 12th, 2010, 8:04 AM
Man this joke keeps getting more and more elaborate every time I see it....pretty soon it's going to grow into a made for TV movie.