PDA

View Full Version : Time to fire the coach.

dawglover
October 31st, 2010, 4:26 PM
Dallas loses again. Think about it. The Cowboys have a highly paid roster of great athletes on both sides of the ball. Yet, they lost again today. This is a coaching problem. I liked Wade Philips as a man. I like him as a defensive coordinator too. But, as a head coach he sucks. It's time for him to go.

cityboy
October 31st, 2010, 6:28 PM
Fire the players. Keep the coach ...

cnjbond
October 31st, 2010, 8:21 PM
Fire the GM!!!!!! Any other GM with a record as bad as his would have been fired a long time ago.

circle_c
October 31st, 2010, 8:28 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2010, 9:01 PM
It's much easier to fire the coach than 20 players.

corgifan
October 31st, 2010, 10:47 PM
I'd say the whole team is a mess from coach down to water boy. No team cohesion. Apathetic coaching. Romo could take a dip in the Fountain of Youth, come out rejuvinated and healthy, and he'd still stink up the house. The "Boys have a quarterback legacy with the likes of Meredith, Staubach, and Aikman. Romo, on the other hand, will always be compared to Danny White.

cnjbond
October 31st, 2010, 10:53 PM
At least Danny White could win playoff games...just not the BIG ones.

dawglover
October 31st, 2010, 11:01 PM
In the coaching realm, who could live up to the legacy of of Tom Landry? No one that I know of. But someone comes close and that is Mike Shanahan and the legacy he built up in Denver. The Cowboy organization was dead stupid for letting the Redskins take Mike Shanahan when he was available. I mean com on, you can have Wade Phillips or Mike Shanahan. Who do you take? That should be a no brainer.

CenTexDave
November 1st, 2010, 8:50 AM
Personally, I'd be making a phone call to North Carolina to speak with Bill Cowher.

cnjbond
November 1st, 2010, 10:07 AM
It won't do a bit of good as long as JJ keeps the reigns as GM.

JETT
November 1st, 2010, 6:36 PM
There is no sense of urgency - they collect a HIGH paycheck and go home at the end of the day. What bothers me more than anything is the effort - it's not there. Football is played with a little heart and the "boys" have none.

gnatsum
November 3rd, 2010, 7:01 PM
between the World Series competitors (SF Giants and the Rangers)

They didn't run any titles for the comparison items ('Big Sur' vs. 'Big Tex') so some of the comparisons WERE odd ("Birkenstocks' vs. 'F-150s'??), but there was one that seemed VERY appropiate:
'1906 Earthquake/Fire' vs. '2010 Cowboys'

:)):)):)):)):))

dawglover
November 4th, 2010, 10:27 AM
CenTexDave, I agree with you. Bill Cowher would be a very good pick also.