PDA

View Full Version : I just Have to Say Something

Rick
October 19th, 2010, 10:51 PM
If you trollishly (Is that a word? It is now!) post incendiary topics and you yourself have posted a personal attack in a thread, don't cry to me with a profanity laced tirade in a reported post when you think that you have been attacked and attack the moderators and me about fairness. You probably won't get much sympathy from me and I won't apologize for that.

We do the best we can to keep the topics clean, lively, spirited, and fair. I have even deleted my own messages that were out of line. I have deleted more messages from someone I agree with than I have from those I disagree with. Out of line is out of line and I think I have been pretty consistent with my decisions.

Spartan
October 19th, 2010, 11:24 PM
When I can figure out what you've said in that first paragraph I may be in agreement. I totally agree with the second.

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 5:52 AM
I posted this the other day and then the next morning I thought, that I would give it some more thought before I did, so here it is.

prideworks
October 22nd, 2010, 7:07 AM
If you trollishly (Is that a word? It is now!) post incendiary topics and you yourself have posted a personal attack in a thread, don't cry to me with a profanity laced tirade in a reported post when you think that you have been attacked and attack the moderators and me about fairness. You probably won't get much sympathy from me and I won't apologize for that.

We do the best we can to keep the topics clean, lively, spirited, and fair. I have even deleted my own messages that were out of line. I have deleted more messages from someone I agree with than I have from those I disagree with. Out of line is out of line and I think I have been pretty consistent with my decisions.

HUH??????

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 7:12 AM
Just venting frustration.

I can't please everyone.

And if the shoe fits...well hell, I doubt if the person is civilized enough to wear it.

Scarlett
October 22nd, 2010, 8:06 AM
HUH??????

Allow me to translate:

Sometimes...SOMEtimes, people on here will start a topic because they KNOW it will piss people off. They do it for the reaction, not for the debate.
THEN, they will keep pushing buttons and pushing them, waiting for someone to go off on them.
THEN, when someone DOES go off on them, they send us PM's saying that people are being mean to them.

Truth is, by that point, it was probably me who was mean to them. In life, sometimes, you get what you ask for. If you don't like it, stop freaking asking for it!

:doh

Chief
October 22nd, 2010, 9:08 AM
Allow me to translate:

Sometimes...SOMEtimes, people on here will start a topic because they KNOW it will piss people off. They do it for the reaction, not for the debate.
THEN, they will keep pushing buttons and pushing them, waiting for someone to go off on them.
THEN, when someone DOES go off on them, they send us PM's saying that people are being mean to them.

Truth is, by that point, it was probably me who was mean to them. In life, sometimes, you get what you ask for. If you don't like it, stop freaking asking for it!

:doh

I agree with you and Rick, but sometimes you have to show people the true side of some of these people. I am one of those who push buttons because some of the posters on here are so vicious and self assertive they need to be pointed out for what they are. Some people you simply can't debate.

Scarlett
October 22nd, 2010, 9:11 AM
I have no problem with pushing buttons...but when one pushes the buttons and then cries about being picked on...it gets old.

Iteachtoo
October 22nd, 2010, 9:24 AM
And here I thought we were all adults, obviously some people have to go cry to mommy and daddy when they have been they bully. My Daddy had a saying, If you can't take it, don't dish it out!

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 9:28 AM
Allow me to translate:

Very close. This one involved a topic where the first two responses. (even one by the one who reported the post) were deleted because of name calling. And the person complained about the fact that we, mainly me, hadn't deleted a question that they felt was offensive. So without even the chance to explain it, off on a tirade they went, so I permanently, deleted the entire thread.

This involved one of those "dramatic exiters" from the past who came back with another username and to be nice, I looked the other way because, contrary to popular belief, I want both sides expressed, and argued, here.

Then as usual, the leopard doesn't change their spots and the same old thing happens and they feel the need to lash out at the moderators, and by moderators, I mean me.

Truth is, by that point, it was probably me who was mean to them.
Not this time, this one is all me and all I did was try to keep things civil and fair, in a topic that I knew that before the first response came, where it would go.

circle_c
October 22nd, 2010, 1:37 PM
I just checked the ignore feature, it appears it is still working. Maybe some should use it.

bbh
October 22nd, 2010, 6:25 PM
My Daddy had a saying, If you can't take it, don't dish it out!

My daddy said that too. And how about:

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or...

If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the fiddler. Or...

If you want to play with the big boys, man up!

cnjbond
October 22nd, 2010, 6:28 PM
Or, step on a crack, break your momma's back

Chief
October 22nd, 2010, 8:02 PM
Never argue with an idiot.

The Torii Fox
October 22nd, 2010, 8:51 PM
If you guys ever got a PM about me for digging into someone's ass, I apologize....to you, not them.

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 9:20 PM
If you did, they deserved it. In that case, no apology would be needed.