PDA

View Full Version : KISD Football...Huh?

RooDawg
October 1st, 2010, 10:38 PM
Overall Records

Ellison Eagles (5A) - 1 win 4 loses

Harker Heights Knights (5A) - 1 win 4 loses (that win over Shoemaker)

Shoemaker Grey Wolves (5A) - 0 wins 5 loses

Killeen Kangaroos (4A) - 5 wins 0 loses

If this isn't a sign that the KISD School Board and KISD in general does not care about athletics then compile this years volleyball records for each of the 4 high schools. Even more combine the rest of this year's athletic records for ALL athletic programs for the rest of the year.

I don't want to hear anyone EVER complain that football, or athletics in general, is on the top of the list of the KISD school board.

EMBARRASSING!!

cnjbond
October 2nd, 2010, 1:04 AM
Hope you brought your fire extinguisher...

THEMEANOGRE
October 2nd, 2010, 4:16 AM
This is Texas! You are talking about high school sports, particularly foo, Holy Exalted Football. Of course that is the school board's primary interest! The parents especially the fathers have to be able to relive the most glorious days of their lives through the feats of their offspring.

The above was rendered with the cheek overflowing tongue!:rolleyes:)

Scarlett
October 2nd, 2010, 7:41 AM
I am confused...are the board members playing the sports or allowed to actively recruit team members? Sometimes...just sometimes...there comes a year when there are just few good players on the team....

How is a losing record the fault of a school board?

RooDawg
October 2nd, 2010, 9:48 AM
I am confused...are the board members playing the sports or allowed to actively recruit team members? Sometimes...just sometimes...there comes a year when there are just few good players on the team....

How is a losing record the fault of a school board?

First, let me correct my mistake:

Harker Heights Knights (5A) - 2 wins 3 loses (1 win over Shoemaker)

Now, I do not believe that losing is the fault of the school board during a particular year. But I do believe that after SEVERAL YEARS of LOSING that the school board should take more of an interest in, at least, finding out why LOSING is common among our athletic programs. Again, I am not just talking about football but all of KISD's athletic programs. I LOVE athletics and I am a PROPONENT for athletic programs but I can't imagine KISD willing to spend the money that they do on athletic programs that continuously lose. People are outraged when educational scores are unacceptable, as they should be. We always look to find a better way to improve our scores and provide an opportunity for our kids to be successful. I am outraged by our athletic scores and I am hoping that the school board looks to find a better way to improve our athletic scores and provide an opportunity for our kids to be successful in the athletic area.

I believe that kids who are successful in ONE AREA of their life will understand how to be successful in other aspects of their lives and not just accept their down circumstances...or LOSSES.

RooDawg
October 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
For your enjoyment or displeasure:

Overall and district football records since 2004 up to week 6 of this year:

Ellison 32-38 (.457), 16-22 (.421) - 3 playoff appearances 2-3
Harker Heights 21-44 (.323), 16-25 (.390) - 1 playoff appearance 0-1
Shoemaker 20-44 (.313), 13-31 (.295) - 1 playoff appearance 0-1
Killeen 47-25 (.653), 19-13 (.594) - 2 playoff appearances 4-2

Combined 120-151 (.442), 64-91 (.413) - 7 playoff appearances 6-7

Let's look at just the 3 5A schools:

Ellison, Heights, Shoemaker 73-126 (.367), 52-88 (.371) - 5 playoff appearances 2-5

How about looking at the records since the 2007 season until now:

Ellison 15-21 (.417), 8-14 (.364) - 1 playoff appearance 0-1
Harker Heights 6-29 (.171), 5-17 (.227) - 0 playoff appearances
Shoemaker 6-30 (.167), 4-18 (.182) - 1 playoff appearances 0-1
Killeen 29-12 (.707), 10-7 (.588) - 2 playoff appearances 4-2

Combined 56-92 (.378), 27-56 (.325) - 4 playoff appearances 4-4

Again, let's take out Killeen's record:

Ellison, Heights, and Shoemaker 27-80 (.252), 17-49 (.258) - 2 playoff appearances 0-2

I know athletics isn't on any list of most people but I really can't believe that people who invest ANYTHING for our kids will call these numbers acceptable. Many of our kids are in football and, for most of them, when they leave high school they can only remember losing. How does that affect them in their resiliency to accomplish goals that they may set for themselves in the future? Will they think that it wont matter what they do because they will just end of losing like they did during their high school days?

Iteachtoo
October 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Call me selfish, but the only record I care about are my Roo's and they seem to be doing just fine, in fact more than fine. Something I find quite pleasing since KHS seems to be the red headed step child of the district!! I said it!!

CenTexDave
October 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
The Roos are looking real good this year.

gnatsum
October 2nd, 2010, 1:57 PM
Had a 2+ season losing streak going.
Then they beat Killeen one year by a single point, IIRC. And I think it was the same year that Killeen beat Temple!

At LEAST Temple is no longer the top dog in the district! Woo hoo!!

Going back to the KISD board's involvement with the football programs, methinks they learned there lesson from '91, after Killeen High football coach Jerry Bomar was "run off" after the Roos won the '91 State 5A Football championship, due to his "unwillingness" to let the KISD board members have some input in how the team was done. Bomar took an assistant coach's job at TCU when that college hired Pat Sullivan to replace Jim Wacker. He made the decision to jump ship at a UIL banquet honoring Bomar for his team's efforts, IIRC (been too many years. I could be wrong. I do remember one of the Killeen Daily Herald's sportswriters being ticked off enough by the Board's pestering when Bomar left, that he wrote a column on the sports section's front page on it!)

lovinlife
October 2nd, 2010, 4:15 PM
HA...Cove had more than just "a few" winless seasons! Everybody scheduled us for their Homecoming games because it was a guaranteed W! Thankfully, that has changed and hopefully, we won't ever go back to that. Winning is a good feeling that everybody should be able to experience!!

cnjbond
October 2nd, 2010, 5:31 PM
HA...Cove had more than just "a few" winless seasons! Everybody scheduled us for their Homecoming games because it was a guaranteed W! Thankfully, that has changed and hopefully, we won't ever go back to that. Winning is a good feeling that everybody should be able to experience!!
Yep, until you guys get big enough for another HS or two, or three...

kjpool
October 2nd, 2010, 5:44 PM
Yep, until you guys get big enough for another HS or two, or three...

That's exactly right...I can recall that Killeen High was pretty successful in a lot of sports back in the day before it split...then there were years when KHS did well and then years when Ellison was top dog....and then there were two more high schools and HHHS football ruled the roost for like its first 3 or 4 years (the boys basketball team did well too)... the track teams in Killeen have pretty much always faired well haven't they?.. I think when you have a multi high school district were the talent gets dispersed you will see these kinds of trends...that's why the Converse Judson's and the Westlakes of the world freak out when there's talk of splitting into new schools...that's what Bryan is experiencing right now....not to mention the mobility of a military community....I say "HANDS OFF" to more school board involvement and wait for the next wave

RooDawg
October 2nd, 2010, 6:49 PM
Had a 2+ season losing streak going.
Then they beat Killeen one year by a single point, IIRC. And I think it was the same year that Killeen beat Temple!

At LEAST Temple is no longer the top dog in the district! Woo hoo!!

Going back to the KISD board's involvement with the football programs, methinks they learned there lesson from '91, after Killeen High football coach Jerry Bomar was "run off" after the Roos won the '91 State 5A Football championship, due to his "unwillingness" to let the KISD board members have some input in how the team was done. Bomar took an assistant coach's job at TCU when that college hired Pat Sullivan to replace Jim Wacker. He made the decision to jump ship at a UIL banquet honoring Bomar for his team's efforts, IIRC (been too many years. I could be wrong. I do remember one of the Killeen Daily Herald's sportswriters being ticked off enough by the Board's pestering when Bomar left, that he wrote a column on the sports section's front page on it!)

that wasnt Bomar that won the state title in 1991 and left for TCU...that was Etheridge...he left for TCU as a promotion...

Agent X
October 4th, 2010, 6:19 PM
Maybe KISD needs to clean house in the coaching department? They wouldn't tolerate an english teacher that had 2 out of every 5 kids fail the language arts portion of the TAKS. High school football coaches (head coach) make good money, don't teach any classes and apparently aren't held to very high standards. I would give Sam Jones a raise (he's gettin it done), I'd give Mullins more time but not much and I'd send McBride and Gray packing. Give some of these assistants in KISD an opportunity to turn it around. There are good athletes at all 4 schools and it is unacceptable to lose the way EHS and SHS lose all the time. I say Farley for Ellison and Gasskamp to Shoemaker and see what happens. I would bet you that both programs would improve mightily.

Iteachtoo
October 4th, 2010, 7:23 PM
Quit giving the Roo's coaches away!!!:)

siamcat
October 4th, 2010, 8:27 PM
Hey, the Roos are 5-0. I don't even like football, but I'm rooting for them.

RooDawg
October 5th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Maybe KISD needs to clean house in the coaching department? They wouldn't tolerate an english teacher that had 2 out of every 5 kids fail the language arts portion of the TAKS. High school football coaches (head coach) make good money, don't teach any classes and apparently aren't held to very high standards. I would give Sam Jones a raise (he's gettin it done), I'd give Mullins more time but not much and I'd send McBride and Gray packing. Give some of these assistants in KISD an opportunity to turn it around. There are good athletes at all 4 schools and it is unacceptable to lose the way EHS and SHS lose all the time. I say Farley for Ellison and Gasskamp to Shoemaker and see what happens. I would bet you that both programs would improve mightily.

The reason that this wont really happen is that KISD does not really care how their athletic programs, even their football teams, are doing. Other than Mullins, which high school head coach can you say has really done something as a head coach prior to coming to Killeen. Coach Jones has done a wonderful job with the Killeen High program since he became the head coach. He was an assistant at KHS prior to that. McBryde was an assistant at Georgetown before coming to Ellison, as an assistant. I am not sure where Coach Gray hailed from since that was so long ago.

RooDawg
October 9th, 2010, 8:45 AM
Just an update on KISD football after this weekend...

Killeen beats Waco University 49-7 to remain undefeated (6-0) on the year...

Harker Heights picks up win number 3 on the year and their second in district...fyi, the three wins are against two teams who are winless (shoemaker and temple) and against teams who have a combined record of 3-16...

Ellison lost to Cove on thursday 60-15 and their record sits at 1-5, 0-3 in district...

Shoemaker loses to belton last night 44-21 to remain winless at 0-6, 0-3 in district...

Killeen 6-0, 1-0 in district

Harker Heights, Ellison, and Shoemaker 4-14, 2-7 in district...

Killeen is holding down some KISD football pride...

kantwin
October 9th, 2010, 8:59 AM
Midway is probably the only team that will give Killeen any grief this year.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
October 9th, 2010, 9:02 AM
I took my son to see the Roos last night and we had a great time! The crowd was energetic, school spirit was on display and a good time was had by all. Parents were walking the stands organizing a charter bus trip to San Angelo to watch the game!! Winning sure makes a difference.

The Roos are exciting, well-coached and the best kept secret in Central Texas. If your team has given you a case of the "blahs" try the Roos on for size. You won't be disappointed.

Iteachtoo
October 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Amen!!! Fine young men too, I taught most of them in middle school.

cnjbond
October 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Roo Pride is Justified!!!

Ifrit
October 12th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I've always wanted to see the Roos and the Dawgs play. I always felt that would be a good game. There would be tons of school spirit on display all around. A sea of Maroon on one side and a sea of blue on the other.

RooDawg
October 12th, 2010, 2:49 PM
that should happen in a couple of years when the next realignment happens...killeen should be 5a and, together with the other KISD schools, will be in a district with cove...

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2010, 3:00 PM
Used to play each other a lot. Killeen owned Cove until the mid-90's, but since then the Dawgs have dominated. But the last time they played, 2007, Killeen gave the Dawgs all they could handle. And the Dawgs went all the way to the state championship game that year.
It's a natural rivalry and good for fans and, whether played at Leo Buckley or the Dawg Pound, both sides of the stadium are always packed.

JohnKilleen
October 12th, 2010, 4:21 PM
Would be nice to see KHS again play Cove and Temple. Next alignement could put Roos back in 5a but Cove and Temple could drop. Maybe even if that happens we can schedule at least one of them.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2010, 7:08 PM
A natural 5-A district could include Temple, Belton, HH, Killeen, Ellison, Shoemaker and Cove. That's only 7 teams and the UIL likes districts to have 8, but hopefully they would relocate Bryan and A&M Consolidated. That's just a brutal trip to College Station, especially on Tuesdays for sports other than football.

JohnKilleen
October 12th, 2010, 8:27 PM
A new district like that might include Midway

cnjbond
October 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Too bad we can't get Waco back in the mix, it'll be like old times...except for the newbies (HH & Shoemaker).

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I think JohnKilleen may be correct. Midway is growing. I always thought they hid their students in lockers on the day they turned in the attendance report to the UIL. Waco HS appears to be losing students to University and Midway as families move out of the inner city.
That would be interesting. Midway's a very good team the past couple of years.

RooDawg
October 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Congratulations to the Eagles for their win over Heights tonight...that gives them two wins for the year...i originally didnt include a win over heights at the beginning of the year for ellison but did include it after i saw heights lose to the roos...i still say that ellison beats temple and shoemaker but i will also still say that they lose to belton next week...

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2010, 1:24 PM
They can beat Belton if they put a pass rush on David Ash. He seems to get rattled and tries to unload it.

Scarlett
October 15th, 2010, 3:55 PM
Next week is our homecoming...would be NICE to win!

cnjbond
October 15th, 2010, 4:15 PM
Next week is our homecoming...would be NICE to win!
Ya'll should have scheduled my Cowboys for Homecoming if you wanted to win...

Agent X
October 15th, 2010, 5:16 PM
Somebody help me!!! KISD football is in worse shape than I thought. Got to see Heights play Ellison last night and I was floored. Our two biggest schools have really bad teams with really bad coaching. Come on, turn those two heads out and let some of these young guys take a swing. Hell, turn the Shoe out as well and just start over.

cnjbond
October 15th, 2010, 8:27 PM
And how does this affect you so that we can help?

JohnKilleen
October 15th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Way to go Roos.....32-30 over Waco. Great comeback.

RooDawg
October 16th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Awesome comeback...down 10 with less than 3 minutes to go...great kickoff return to midfield...great long pass completion to get the ball inside the 5 yard line...then a score...then recover the onside kick...then move the ball down the field and score a second touchdown with only 5 seconds left to go into the game...great win Roos!! 7-0 overall but more importantly 2-0 in district...

cnjbond
October 16th, 2010, 9:07 AM
I love how the KDH online put the Roo win on the back pages, let's see...first time they've been 7-0 since 1980, haven't beaten Waco since 2000, came back to win the game in the last minutes after executing an onside kick and to top it off, the paper shares the same name as the school but I know, let's put Cove's Game in the top rotating story box!

JohnKilleen
October 16th, 2010, 2:27 PM
The KDH seems to do that a lot, give the KISD schools second fiddle to the other schools. But anyway, I do hope we get a big crowd to support the Roos this Friday when they host Stephenville. Im sure Stephenville will bring quiet a bit of folks with them, so we need to show our support for the Roos.

RooDawg
October 16th, 2010, 2:52 PM
The KDH seems to do that a lot, give the KISD schools second fiddle to the other schools. But anyway, I do hope we get a big crowd to support the Roos this Friday when they host Stephenville. Im sure Stephenville will bring quiet a bit of folks with them, so we need to show our support for the Roos.

The game will be Thursday night. There have been more people at Killeen games this year than I have seen in the recent past. There has been awesome amount of support for them this year. Let's keep it up. Stephenville is going to be the toughest opponent the Roos have faced so far. They will need as many fan support as they can get.

Thursday at 7:00 PM at Leo Buckley...Go gettem Roos!!!

Retired Soldier
October 17th, 2010, 2:16 PM
Dear Friends;

I have had season tickets to all four KISD HS games for the past 20 years. My HS Football coaches made lasting memories on me as I was growing up and I shared many things that they taught me with my subordinates during my 30 year military career. I used football as a common denominator when training for combat. As a result I am critical of coaches because of the influence that they have over our developing young men. I enjoy going to the games. My observations:

1. Winning is great. Participating is greater. What I saw when KISD went from two High Schools to four was; twice as many developing teenagers participating in competitive sports, twice as many participating in band, cheerleading, and drill (pom-pom, flags, etc.). That's great! School Districts that keep expanding their one HS so as to not have a negative affect on their athletic programs (and we all know who they are around central Texas) are denying this opportunity to participate to many of our youngsters. That's bad!

2. The majority of the HS football players in KISD and Cove are sons of our soldiers at Fort Hood. They are coachable, disciplined, and physically fit. They understand teamwork and all play to win. Across the board the average ability and skill level of these players, on these five teams, are about the same. There is the occassional standout that comes along, and has happenned in all five of these schools.

3. The ability of these teams to have a winning season and to maintain that consistancy over time is entirely dependent on these very large coaching staffs. We have seen Ellison go undefeated and compete well at State for a time then we change coaching staffs. Next year they find it hard to win a game. Harker Heights starts out first year winning. Carries that spirit on for several years with a winning record. Change coaching staffs and hasn't had a winning season since. Continuity with good and skilled coaching at Cove and Killeen demonstrates what can be done with these young men. It is really amazing what Coach Jack Welch has down in the Cove over these years. It's not the kids, it's the basic skills he has taught them, the motivation and team spirit he ingrains in them, and the scouting and team preparation he employs every week game planning for the scheduled opponent. He and his coaching staff are winners and their teams will always be too. In my opinion Coach Ken Gray is a very charming man but will never have a winning season. He should not be a head coach and should be replaced.

4. Not enough emphasis is given to the "Kicking Game" at any of our schools. Opponents come into town with a 5'-9" tall 160lbs kicker that kicks off through our end zone and we start at the 20 yard line. Our 6'-1" tall 185lb kicker "pooch kicks" and they start on the 35 to 45 yard line. Evidently, we can't find one of our many coaches that can coach kicking. We miss too many extra points and field goals are almost extinct. Remember what our Brazilian exchange student at Ellison did for their winning team? Tom Santos kicked off through the end zone, made every extra point, and once Ellison was inside the opponents 35 yard line you were pretty much assured at least 3 points. He was the main reason that Ellison went on to State that year. Our teams have lost too many games because of a missed extra point and inability to make a field goal from inside the 20 yard line.

It's great seeing our youngsters earn college scholarships because of their sporting skills and several moving up to the professional ranks. All in all, it's great seeing them participate against strong opposition and giving their best up to the last minute. We are helping to develop future leaders for our country.

When KISD does a better job recruiting skilled coaches, improves the evaluation of their performances, and replaces those not performing as expected in a timely basis, we will see an improvement in the schools win - loss records. But remember, they all play each other (Killeen being the only exception this year) and in each game one of our teams will lose.

Thank you all reading this thread for attending our games and supporting our young people. See you at Leo Buckley. :thumbsup

JohnKilleen
October 17th, 2010, 4:30 PM
Very good post Reried Soldier. I used to religiously attend the KHS games, but have slacked off in recent years. I am getting back into the spirit of it. I have always cheered for them. As an outsider looking in, I do agree that there are probably some coaching changes that need to be made in KISD. I just wonder with our transient student population, 4 high schools, faclities and what the pay scale might be, what type of coach we might attract, and how long they will stay if they develope winning program. With some of the suburan more affluent schools growing, they are attracting the best coaches. I see it being more difficult for the Killeens, Temples and Wacos to do that . I do hope the programs at some of our schools can be turned around. I have always felt like sports can bring school pride and unity. One more thing to note...somehow I feel KISD needs to make a better effort to market these games and fill the stands better.

RooDawg
October 17th, 2010, 6:37 PM
Great couple of posts...I couldnt agree with both more...in response to those posts i have this:

the Killeen Independent School District DOES NOT CARE about KISD Athletics and therefore you WILL NOT see any type of change to try and improve what is out there...regardless of the MONEY that most people will complain about with athletics, our district DOES NOT CARE about athletics and will continue to keep POOR COACHES in not just in the high schools but the middle schools as well...will continue to have poor facilities (please dont think that Leo Buckley stadium is the Taj Mahal of high school stadiums) at the four high schools...

Rick
October 17th, 2010, 7:18 PM
The only thing I would question is point #1. Who are the districts? I can think if two, Cove and Temple, who else is there?

My problem with that is that if a school expands, rather than splits, it is much cheaper. A whole new school means another building, another set of administrators, janitors, maybe more teachers, but class size is class size. More coaches, band directors, equipment...etc.

Those decisions should be education/economic decisions, not athletic decisions. Not every district receives the impact aid that KISD receives.

Hammer away, this is just the way I look at it and I admit that I am not that into High School football.

Other than that Retired Soldier, good post!

CenTexDave
October 17th, 2010, 7:53 PM
This will be Killeen's toughest game all year, to include however far they go in the playoffs.

JohnKilleen
October 17th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Buckley is a good stadium, not great by any means. It is probably a good size considering the low number we have for games anymore. Where it will be hard to compete as far as facilities go are schools like Allen that is building (I think) a 60 mil $ faclitlity , Waco, Round Rock...the newer facilities. Buckley's main problems are location and seating that is tight and uncomfortable.
I am afraid Centex Dave is correct, I dont believe KISD cares a lick about athletics. While this should not be the main objective of the schools, it is an important one.The kids participating need to at least be given the opportunity to win.
There seems to also be discussions (again) of building a 5th hs. I object to this on a variety of reasons, mainly costs of operation. When I was a SR at KHS way back when, we had nearly 3000 students and made out fine.

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2010, 7:35 AM
It wasn't me that said that.
As far as Cove being a one high school town, there's only 2100-2200 kids in Cove high. While another hs would be nice, it's hardly needed now.

Rick
October 18th, 2010, 8:47 AM
I agree it wouldn't make financial sense to split.

I don't know if Cove is one that RS was referring to. Even though they have expanded recently.

RooDawg
October 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
KISD football goes 0-4 for the weekend...even cove loses this weekend...when was the last time each high school lost in the same weekend?

Iteachtoo
October 23rd, 2010, 4:21 PM
I am sorry, this is my opinion; Killeen was not beaten, but purposely beat up by a bunch of mean rednecks who purposely aimed for ours boys legs with, what I thought were illegal hits, the entire game. They could not beat the Roo's honestly, so they went for the "hurt em and get them all out of the game mentality". I have never been so upset watching a game as I was at this one.

Spartan
October 23rd, 2010, 4:34 PM
You mean they actually played tackle football!? Next thing you know they'll be keeping score! No consideration for these poor boy's self-esteem! Shame!

kjpool
October 23rd, 2010, 5:27 PM
I am sorry, this is my opinion; Killeen was not beaten, but purposely beat up by a bunch of mean rednecks who purposely aimed for ours boys legs with, what I thought were illegal hits, the entire game. They could not beat the Roo's honestly, so they went for the "hurt em and get them all out of the game mentality". I have never been so upset watching a game as I was at this one.

Were we at the same game?!!? I saw no cheap shots at all; both teams played hard..Cummings didn't even get hit when he got hurt, he just made a quick move (he said so himself) and the center, well he's a center! He's plays a position that's going to get pounded...no I"m not from Stephenville and I was rooting for the Roos til the bitter end...Stephenville played really well, so did the Roos despite losing Cummings, but let's face it, losing him was HUGE..not fair to call Stephenville rednecks...

Iteachtoo
October 23rd, 2010, 7:26 PM
As I said, it was my opinion!

RooDawg
October 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Ellison blows out Temple...Harker Heights loses to A&M Consolidated in a shootout...the Shoe loses big to Cove...and my Roos put up a shutout against San Angelo Lake View 46-0...50% weekend is better than last weeks performance...

RooDawg
November 6th, 2010, 9:00 AM
Well, the end of another football season in KISD has come...here are the results

Killeen Kangaroos 8-2 overall 3-2 district third place...plays their playoff game next friday at 7:30pm against Mansfield Summit in Glen Rose.

Ellison Eagles 4-6 overall 3-4 in district 2 wins came courtesy of 3-7 Heights and 0-10 Shoemaker...the other win was against a 1-9 temple team

Harker Heights Knights 3-7 overall 2-5 in district 2 wins were over 0-10 shoemaker and 1-9 temple along with a win over 5-5 georgetown

Shoemaker Greywolves 0-10 overall 0-7 in district

Combined record for the 3 5A schools...7-23 overall and 5-16 in district

If you take out the wins against other KISD school the three 5A schools would have a combined record of 3-20 overall and 2-13 in district...

something to be proud of?

GO ROOS!!!