PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

cnjbond
September 30th, 2010, 9:59 AM
How bout them Rangers eh? We caught a game last month while I was home on leave and were blown away by the stadium! Wish I could catch one of their playoff games seeing that this may never happen again until Halley's Comet makes a return trip.

kantwin
September 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
My daughter is attending the University of Texas at Arlington, and she goes to several games there. She's had some pretty incredible seats, from the pictures I've seen.

cnjbond
October 6th, 2010, 5:20 PM
How bout them Rangers!!!! Cliff Lee pitched a heckuva game!

cnjbond
October 8th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Back to back pitching gems by the Rangers...Wilson was great! If they just had one more dominant pitcher in the rotation, I'd feel pretty good about them matching up with the Yankees.

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Now it's tied 2-2. Better get their heads out.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2010, 9:47 AM
I don't think Lee is gonna be able to pull out another gem tonight, the Rays are too good of a team for the Rangers to close it out on the road...they let a golden opportunity slip through their hands by needing to win only 1 of 2 games at home to take the series.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Lee has pitched 8 great innings, 10 K's, 1 earned run. Rangers lead 3-1 going into the 9th.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2010, 10:02 PM
The Rangers scored 2 more. They're gonna win this thing.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I am happy to admit I was dead wrong on this one...way to go Lee!!! That was an awesome game!!!

christine
October 13th, 2010, 3:40 PM
I am so freak'n sick of baseball...we have 3tvs and all of them are on baseball. Geeeez I'll be happy when the season is over!

Chief
October 13th, 2010, 4:40 PM
Rangers are a great organization and should make things tough for the Yankees.

cnjbond
October 13th, 2010, 7:53 PM
I am so freak'n sick of baseball...we have 3tvs and all of them are on baseball. Geeeez I'll be happy when the season is over!
Bite your tongue young lady, do you know how long us Ranger fans have been waiting for this moment? You should give hubby a pass, just this once...unless he's not a Ranger fan...

christine
October 13th, 2010, 9:24 PM
Bite your tongue young lady, do you know how long us Ranger fans have been waiting for this moment? You should give hubby a pass, just this once...unless he's not a Ranger fan...

Yes he is. I just don't like watching sports

sasquatch
October 13th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I have tickets if anyone's interested in going to game 1 Friday night.

Chief
October 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I will try to go to game 1 in Arlington between the Rangers and Phillies.

Proud Texan
October 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I have tickets if anyone's interested in going to game 1 Friday night.

Game 1 is saturday night and if you have tickets where and how much?

christine
October 14th, 2010, 5:42 AM
Hey another funny thing my dad who doesn't like baseball knows little about it is going to the Saturday game and will be in a box suite lol. Hubby just about cried with that one.

Spartan
October 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Game 1 is saturday night and if you have tickets where and how much?

The last I heard this morning is that C.J. Wilson will start for the Rangers in Game 1 of the ALCS on Friday at 7 p.m. (on TBS) at the Ballpark in Arlington.

I have tickets and will be sitting in Section 144 on Friday. :):)

Night Owl
October 14th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Need someone to carry your drinks?:)

Spartan
October 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Need someone to carry your drinks?:)

Having been raised in Bryan/College Station, your avatar prohibits any such consideration. :(

Night Owl
October 14th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Oh, if I would have known you were one of THOSE I wouldn't have asked!:thumbsup:))

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately Cliff Lee will probably start game 3, not game 1. If he pitches as he always has during the playoffs, that's at least two wins for the Rangers.
Now they need to get two others. They split the season series with the Yanks. Get the win in the first game and hopefully the Yanks will collapse. But they are a playoff tested team. Won't be easy.

cnjbond
October 16th, 2010, 9:12 AM
Wow, what a way to lose a game, I wish they could play all the remaining games on the road.

Proud Texan
October 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Can we take Oliver out back and shoot him

This is a joke and in no way would I want him shot, just don't play him anymore.....Last two times he blew leads.

cnjbond
October 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I fell asleep during the 7th and they had a 5-1 lead...woke up in the top of the 9th and had to rub my eyes several times because I couldn't believe I was actually seeing 6-5 with Yankees leading!

Oliver has been pretty decent before, he just had a rough outing at the WORST possible time. Let's hope today is a lot better!

Proud Texan
October 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Was it me or did the announcers seem like they were rooting for the Yankees as well.

cnjbond
October 16th, 2010, 1:25 PM
LOL, I think the Yankees are the "America's Team" of baseball.

cnjbond
October 16th, 2010, 8:04 PM
Today was A LOT better...way to go Rangers, now take the next 3 games in Yankee stadium.

cnjbond
October 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM
1 down and 2 to go!!!! Cliff Lee is RIDICULOUS, I hope they sign him long term and add another dominate pitcher and reliever to the mix.

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2010, 7:19 AM
Isn't he something else? I remember he was "the other guy" in a deal that Cleveland made. He was actually pitching poorly for them until their pitching coach got him straightened out, then it's been lights out ever since. This guy is a free agent after the season. He should be able to write his own ticket.

cnjbond
October 19th, 2010, 10:19 AM
He's out of this world! I hope the Rangers resign him but not to an A-Rodish type contract to where they can't afford to bring anyone else in or keep the players they have.

cnjbond
October 19th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Another GREAT game tonight...1 more to go!!!

CenTexDave
October 20th, 2010, 1:17 PM
Finish the Yankees off tonight and be done with them. Then take a couple days to relax before you get down to work for the World Series. Lee should be well rested and, if the series goes 7 games, could pitch 3 of them.

cityboy
October 20th, 2010, 1:34 PM
Rangers should go all the way, shouldn't they? I've been watching the series, but normally don't follow baseball anymore, and don't know much about the Giants and Philllies, except for Lincecum and Halladay ...

Night Owl
October 20th, 2010, 2:41 PM
Don't count the Yankees out until the last strike of the last game. These guys have a lot of experience in the post season.

GO RANGERS!!!!

cnjbond
October 20th, 2010, 3:27 PM
Wilson's pitching tonight, I hope he pitches as well as he has been in his previous games. The good thing is that Rangers don't look intimidated by the Yankees but that could change if it went to game 7, so I hope they close it out tonight!:thumbsup

Spartan
October 20th, 2010, 3:54 PM
Wilson walked two in the 2nd inning, That, along with some horrible fielding, cost the Rangers 3 runs and may well cost them today's game. IMHO, Wilson should have been pulled after he walked the first guy with four straight pitches -- but then I'm not the manager.

CenTexDave
October 20th, 2010, 4:52 PM
Wilson pitched pretty good in the first game. He didn't today. But the relievers have shut the Yanks down since. Now all they have to do is get 5 more runs off Sabatthia.
Fat chance.

cnjbond
October 20th, 2010, 7:08 PM
Fat chance is right, oh well, let's hope they don't catch the Dallas Maverick's disease suddenly find themselves unable to get just 1 more win...I feel the dread creeping in already!

CenTexDave
October 20th, 2010, 8:23 PM
Day of travel tomorrow. They can't let today's loss affect them. Go get'er done, Rangers.

cnjbond
October 22nd, 2010, 6:30 PM
Game 6 tonight...hope ya'll are watching!

Chief
October 22nd, 2010, 8:01 PM
Like 'em or hate 'em, the Yankees are a great organization. As a Ranger fan I hope to see them in the World Series, but I also respect the history, professionalism, and talent of that team from up North.

cnjbond
October 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
HOW BOUT DEM RANGERS!!!! What a Game, they are looking dangerous!

Spartan
October 23rd, 2010, 7:31 AM
Like 'em or hate 'em, the Yankees are a great organization. As a Ranger fan I hope to see them in the World Series, but I also respect the history, professionalism, and talent of that team from up North.

I like them, except when they are playing against the Rangers.

The Yankees are a great organization, the best that money can buy and wish them all the best.

But right now I am just going to revel in the realization that the Rangers have won the American League championship and I have every reason to hope that they will acquit themselves well in the World Series.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2010, 3:45 AM
Now we take on Nancy Pelosi's team, the Giants, from the land of nuts, fruitcakes and fairies.

Rick
October 24th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Lol Dave, can one thing not be political? :bluerofl

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2010, 10:23 AM
OK. Go Rangers. Kick the Giants' butt.

cnjbond
October 24th, 2010, 1:06 PM
OK. Go Rangers. Kick the Giants' butt.
They might just like that from your above description...

TexMexYum
October 25th, 2010, 7:02 PM
Anybody going to the World Series games in Arlington?

Spartan
October 25th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Not at $500/SRO in the nosebleed section.

sasquatch
October 26th, 2010, 9:42 PM
Would love to! Still looking for tickets that we can afford. We were there last Friday when they beat the Yankees and let me say, it was incredible. You could have powered all of DFW with the buzz of excitement and electricity in the fans that night. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

TexMexYum
October 27th, 2010, 6:38 PM
Would love to! Still looking for tickets that we can afford. We were there last Friday when they beat the Yankees and let me say, it was incredible. You could have powered all of DFW with the buzz of excitement and electricity in the fans that night. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Wow, incredible! If you find any tickets at reasonable prices, let me know.

cnjbond
October 27th, 2010, 8:57 PM
Man oh man, the Ranges are getting rocked with their best pitcher on the mound! I'm glad it's best of 7.

TexMexYum
October 27th, 2010, 9:08 PM
:crying
Man oh man, the Ranges are getting rocked with their best pitcher on the mound! I'm glad it's best of 7.:crying

cnjbond
October 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM
The good thing is this team can bounce back, unlike their neighbors that live across the street in that nice, beautiful, brand new house built of smoke and mirrors...

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I had a feeling Lee might get shelled in this game. He had too many days in between starts. When that happens pitchers tend to overthrow. He struck out a ton of them, but they figured him out quick enough. He was too strong - his cutter didn't move like it usually does because he had extra velocity on it.
He'll be fine the next start.

cnjbond
October 28th, 2010, 7:31 AM
I'm kind of concerned about putting Vlad in the outfield, I know he has a good bat but he's a liability. Take away a few bad pitches by the relief and the Rangers could've easily comeback.

cnjbond
October 28th, 2010, 5:26 PM
Looks like Washington is going with Murphy in right field tonight, although he says it wasn't due to the Vlad's errors...lol.

cnjbond
October 30th, 2010, 8:55 PM
Rangers pulled it off, I will feel better when those bats wake up like they were in game 1...they're hitting into way too many double plays.

dawglover
October 30th, 2010, 9:00 PM
Not at $500/SRO in the nosebleed section.

Ditto that Spartan. On the other hand, if money were no object I would be there at any price.

dawglover
October 30th, 2010, 9:02 PM
Yea Rangers! Finally, thank God, the Rangers won in good form at home tonight. See, prayer does work. One down and three to go.

cnjbond
November 20th, 2010, 8:30 AM
What do you guys think the chances are that the Rangers can resign Cliff Lee? Nolan Ryan says they have a plan B if they can't seal the deal. I think they need to look at 1 or 2 more closers or set up guys to. The hitting and defense is pretty much there. Hopefully the Evil Empire doesn't nab him with their bottomless pockets!!!