PDA

View Full Version : Hiding threads

kantwin
March 28th, 2009, 8:26 AM
Just a question for the Admins.
I was looking around the User CP, but don't see an option to hide threads.
I usually use the "New Posts" to see what's new. There are some threads that I don't normally care to look at, so I was wondering if there is an option to hide them, so they won't show up in the New Posts query.

Scarlett
March 28th, 2009, 1:05 PM
Let me ask the webmaster half of us...haha....(That is NOT me...sigh...)
Good question!

Rick
March 28th, 2009, 3:58 PM
Hmmmm, never heard of that one.

I will look. I take it that you want to check a box on a thread and never have it show up on the New Post search.

Maybe you want to go to http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php and look around the mods to see if something fits. I am looking now.

Rick
March 28th, 2009, 4:35 PM
I installed something that I think may be close. Look at the menu at the top. It says, "New Posts In". Then there is a dropdown menu, with the list of forums.

I am not sure if that will make things easier for you. I will look for a way to exclude specific threads, but it is not looking good.

kantwin
March 28th, 2009, 6:15 PM
Not sure I'm understanding the "New Posts" option to the left of the dropdown for "New Posts", it seems to always show 0.
At least before, there was an option to show ALL new posts.

Rick
March 28th, 2009, 6:22 PM
For me, it was showing 61 new posts. But I logged out and saw what you were talking about. I disabled it until I can check it some more.

siamcat
March 28th, 2009, 6:39 PM
I don't know if it helps, but I usually read the topics that interest me and then on the main page double-click the icon on the left of each forum. It marks everything in the forum read.

Rick
March 28th, 2009, 6:41 PM
Ya, that is a nice feature.

kantwin
March 28th, 2009, 6:48 PM
I normally use the "New Posts" link at the top of the page, but like I mentioned, there are some topics that just don't interest me, so I'd rather not see any new posts in those threads.
If it can't be done, that's fine.

kantwin
March 29th, 2009, 8:41 AM
siamcat,
double clicking on the icon for the threads I don't wish to see, then clicking on the New Posts seems to accomplish what I wish. I don't have to weed through the threads I don't want to read.
Nice tip.

siamcat
March 29th, 2009, 5:24 PM
You're welcome.:p