PDA

View Full Version : Tweet and Like Buttons

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 1:36 PM
I am BWH (Bored While Healing) so I have undertaken some things that only require the use of the left hand.

So in the topics you will see a "Tweet" and a Facebook "Like" button.

I need people to try them and see if they work.

I made a Twitter page to try this stuff. I told you, I am bored.

Snow White
September 5th, 2010, 2:15 PM
I have mixed feelings on this one. I am a facebook and twitter person, but when I click the like button, it puts my real name up there in the Like spot. I hit unlike real fast to erase that. I don't think a lot of people want their real name showing on here. :(

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 2:23 PM
Does it show that I like it?

I think it only shows your name to your friends. Just like on the FB page.

Texas Immigrant
September 5th, 2010, 3:03 PM
It shows your name to me because we're fb friends, but it only tells me that you and one other person like it.

Texas Immigrant
September 5th, 2010, 3:09 PM
Yep, I de-friended you and it doesn't show your name, it just says two people like it, be the first of your friends. So we should still be anonymous except to those that are your friends on facebook.

Snow White
September 5th, 2010, 3:13 PM
Some of my FB friends don't know who I am on here though. So I think, for ME, I will pass. But it is cool!

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 3:14 PM
Yep, that is what it looks like to me too.

Thanks SW for bringing that up for us to test. I doubt many people will use it since as SW said, they will freak when they see their name up there.

Thanks for testing this TI.

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 3:15 PM
Now that you refriended me, it shows that you, me, and one other person likes this.

Snow White
September 5th, 2010, 3:17 PM
I did freak out! ;)

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 3:23 PM
Some of my FB friends don't know who I am on here though. So I think, for ME, I will pass. But it is cool!
It doesn't link your username here to your FB name.

But I understand people will freak out when they see their real name on the forum.

Oh well, killed a half a day while the brisket is cooking. :)

THEMEANOGRE
September 5th, 2010, 3:34 PM
I clicked on the "like" button, but I couldn't tell that it did anything other than say I liked it. What's the deal?

Texas Immigrant
September 5th, 2010, 3:44 PM
If you have a facebook page, it will say on your page or in your news feed that you like this and it will create a link for people to click on that connects them to CTT. It's a good way to get the word out about CTT. :o)

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 3:45 PM
That's why I installed it, I was hoping to use it to move trafic here.

I took the changes out. I think it's best to keep things the way they are, separate from people's social network sites.

Thanks for the help testing it. :thumbsup

THEMEANOGRE
September 5th, 2010, 4:04 PM
You're welcome.

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 7:08 PM
I added the Tweet button back. That doesn't show anything about the user. We'll see how it goes.

Rick
September 5th, 2010, 7:12 PM
Interesting, almost instantly, 8 visitors on this topic. Probably bots. If it is adding to search engines, that's ok. I will be watching.

finalbowser
January 17th, 2011, 5:55 PM
Whatever happened to the Tweet button? Do we still have it? I don't even remember seeing it on the old layout...

Rick
January 17th, 2011, 5:59 PM
I removed them. People were uncomfortable with clicking on something, then seeing their real name on the forum.

This version comes with a Facebook option. I will look at it when I get the everyday things done.

finalbowser
January 17th, 2011, 6:30 PM
Understandable. I would have tried out the Twitter option, as my Twitter handle is the same as here. I have advertised this website in my Facebook status message before at least once before. If the "article" feature ever takes off, I can see how that could be used to promote links on Facebook.