PDA

View Full Version : Cove Blows Out Carroll, 35-14

CenTexDave
August 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
SLC jumped out to a quick lead and it looked like they might romp, but Cove tied it at 14 all at the half.
2nd half Cove held them to 18 yards total offense.
ROTFLMAO. :))

Iteachtoo
August 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM
YEA!!! I want to see someone from around here to win state.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 1:39 PM
Everyone was making such a big deal about SLC's QB who declared ineligible. Cove also didn't have their starting QB - he was injured in practice this week. The kid who played QB, Orlando Thomas, was a RB/slotback who last played that position in JHS. All he managed to do was run for 185 yards.

lovinlife
August 28th, 2010, 8:27 PM
Austin was injured 2 weeks ago so Orlando has been practicing at QB, ...and he is normally a wide receiver.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 10:34 PM
He plays the slot. Sirmans is the wideout.

lovinlife
August 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I hate to argue with you Dave, but Orlando was a receiver...he did play the slot at times, but he was mainly a receiver. He was even selected to the all district team as a wide receiver. 14 catches for 231 yards. He was a running back in junior high. Johnny is also a wideout and led the team in catches and was offensive newcomer of the year. Don't believe me?--pick up a copy of the KDH football preview, there's a whole story about them, with a quote from Orlando talking about his move from running back to wide receiver before the 2009 season and stating "It was a hard transition from running back to receiver."

Regardless of any of that---GO DAWGS!!! :thumbsup

CenTexDave
August 29th, 2010, 7:01 PM
Slotback is a wide receiver.

lovinlife
August 29th, 2010, 8:22 PM
HaHa..I know that...Orlando didn't play slot all the time, he was mainly a wideout. But I give up......just try to give the right info when talking about the Dawgs! lol

CenTexDave
August 29th, 2010, 8:43 PM
Slot back has a few different names - when my son played it for the Dawgs and it was called "A" back - he'd line up as a wide out, in the slot, in the backfield, etc. The same position that one of Cove's all time greats played -- Jason Mathenia.