PDA

View Full Version : Killeen versus Ellison

RooDawg
August 26th, 2010, 7:58 PM
I will take Killeen in this game...i will also say that it will be high scoring and close...Killeen by 4 points...maybe even in a couple of overtimes...

CenTexDave
August 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Might be. But Ellison lit up the scoreboard in their scrimmage, but it was against a fairly weak team, while Killeen did very well against Leander.

RooDawg
August 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM
ellison did light it up against akins...horrible team by the way...

good start to the year as the Roo sub-varsity's swept the eaglets last night...

Texas Immigrant
August 27th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I'm not much into football, but I'd like to see if a few of my former students are playing. I think I'll try to go, maybe with the family.

cnjbond
August 27th, 2010, 3:17 PM
Let's go ROOS!!!!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
August 27th, 2010, 4:01 PM
Ellison has a pretty stingey defense from what I've heard though they have some key injuries. Their offense is an unknown but it appears they may open things up a bit more. I know I can count on my good buddy and "O" coordinator for the Roos to have his boys ready. Should be a good game. Really nothing on the line but bragging rights and I just hope they both come out with their players healthy so that they can compete in district play.

Oh and I'll be watching the Ellison Emeralds very closely as oldest daughter begins her big senior year and my baby girl makes her Friday night debut. Good luck girls and EKB!

Iteachtoo
August 27th, 2010, 4:02 PM
GO ROOS!!!!!

Snow White
August 27th, 2010, 6:33 PM
GO EAGLES!

CenTexDave
August 27th, 2010, 6:35 PM
GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, wrong thread. Sorry. :)

Snow White
August 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Wow. This is a good game!

kantwin
August 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM
The streaming audio was hit and miss for the game, and for a long time, the online play by play was not working.
Sounds like it was a good game.
Glad the Roos won!

cnjbond
August 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM
HOw 'bout dem ROOS!!!!! Gotta love the internet, wish I could've seen the game...sounded like it was pretty good!

RooDawg
August 28th, 2010, 9:59 AM
My boys pulled it off...love them...

but i have to question the eagles' offensive play calling...
1) the eagles have decided to be a wing-t team.
2) they have two STUDS (hoycutt and cobb) and a really good player in Cloud in the backfield
3) why would they run ONLY one of their studs in the first half (4 carries for Cobb in the first half?)
4) why would they CONSIDER passing the ball?...they still look HORRIBLE doing that and their timing and type of pass plays are just as horrible.

in the second half they ran the ball more exclusively and included Cobb more (they didnt include Cloud more which i thought was a mistake) and racked up 19 unanswered points...

Ellison fans i believe you are going to have a tough year if the coaching staff doesnt rethink their philosophy...i could see ellison going 2-8 this year and picking up wins against the shoe and MAYBE temple...

TexMexYum
August 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I will take Killeen in this game...i will also say that it will be high scoring and close...Killeen by 4 points...maybe even in a couple of overtimes...

No overtime but the 28-25 score was darn close to your prediction!

Snow White
August 28th, 2010, 9:48 PM
My boys pulled it off...love them...

but i have to question the eagles' offensive play calling...
1) the eagles have decided to be a wing-t team.
2) they have two STUDS (hoycutt and cobb) and a really good player in Cloud in the backfield
3) why would they run ONLY one of their studs in the first half (4 carries for Cobb in the first half?)
4) why would they CONSIDER passing the ball?...they still look HORRIBLE doing that and their timing and type of pass plays are just as horrible.

in the second half they ran the ball more exclusively and included Cobb more (they didnt include Cloud more which i thought was a mistake) and racked up 19 unanswered points...

Ellison fans i believe you are going to have a tough year if the coaching staff doesnt rethink their philosophy...i could see ellison going 2-8 this year and picking up wins against the shoe and MAYBE temple...

As an ex-cheerleader whose back was to the field most of my life, I don't know much about the game itself...other than try to get the ball, try to kill the guy who has the ball if he is not wearing your colors, run fast, kick straight, etc. HOWEVER, last night, I kept cringing every time we THREW the damn ball, because it didn't take long for even someone like ME to realize that was a VERY BAD IDEA!

It hurt that the points we threw away would have won us the game...(those pesky extra points after a touchdown that we kept screwing up.) And I don't think the bright yellow shoes did our kicker any good either!

That being said, our Number 21 did a great job on defense...I will have to give him a high five when he comes into my 2nd period Monday.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Good luck to Ellison the rest of the way (except when they play the Dawgs :))

cnjbond
August 29th, 2010, 7:09 AM
Good luck to Ellison the rest of the way (except when they play the Dawgs :))
That'll probably be the only time I pull for the Eagirls!

RooDawg
August 29th, 2010, 12:50 PM
i am predicting 3 wins for the eagles this year based on what i saw and if the direction of the eagles doesnt change...

the eagles will beat waco, shoemaker, and possibly temple...

3-7 record for the season and dont make the playoffs...

i hate saying that because i believe that ellison has probably the best athletes in the town right now...i just dont think they are being used correctly

Night Owl
August 30th, 2010, 8:11 AM
Maybe you should transfer there and then you can make changes. I do believe the coachs at Ellison think they are doing what is best for their team.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
August 30th, 2010, 3:35 PM
I really think this game could have gone either way. Ellison does have passing game issues but Hocutt and Cobb are as good a tandem as has been around here in a while. Try to imagine the outcome if....... (I know, this is Monday morning QBing at its finest)

1. Ellison DOESN'T waste 2 time outs on extra points
2. Ellison DOESN'T get a "late hit" call on a Roo third down in the 4th quarter
3. Ellison DOESN'T get a "chop block" call on their last possession
4. Cobb touches the football more than 4 times in the first half, WTF?

It's official - I'm the biggest excuse maker for Ellison ever! But all that being said, Cummings is really good and the Roos are adjusting nicely to their undersized (for them anyway) offensive line. Ellison better get over the penalties, get the ball to Cobb (screen pass....hint, hint!!!) and their corners are gonna have to step up or Ash may throw for 500 yards.

RooDawg
August 31st, 2010, 9:27 PM
Maybe you should transfer there and then you can make changes. I do believe the coachs at Ellison think they are doing what is best for their team.

i do not doubt, for a single second, that the ellison coaches think they are doing what is best for their team...

i am just stating that I BELIEVE, for whatever it is worth, that they are misusing the collection of the most talented athletes in town on:

1) an offensive system that doesnt, again in my opinion, use the talents of at least TWO Division-1 football players in the backfield (Cobb and Hoycutt) and at least a couple of very athletic players (Cloud and Burch) that could possibly put many defenses in a bind on every play

2) poor playcalling on the offensive side of the ball when they are moving the ball on the ground and have decided that they are a wing-t team...why throw the ball when you know that you can run the ball and you really do not have a qb that can throw the ball...(plus when you have to throw the ball you run a right handed qb out to the left to make a pass and then have him sprint out the short side of the field where it is easier to defend)

again...these are just my opinions...and again, in my opinion i think ellison will win THREE games and miss the playoffs...again...