PDA

View Full Version : Spilled Candle Wax

stormy
March 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Have you ever had candle where the wax spilled on to the carpet? Get your clothes iron and a paper bag, put the paper bag on top of where the wax is on the carpet and iron it. The wax will melt off of the carpet and get absorbed onto the paper bag. Move the paper bag around to iron with a clean area until all the wax is up.

Scarlett
March 27th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Well THAT would have been a handy tip three years ago....damn....

CenTexDave
March 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Trying to burn your house down again, Scarlett?

Scarlett
March 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I dont wanna talk about the "Spilled Wax of 2007".....

christine
March 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
scorched earth? LOL <sniker>:hopmad

Army Sarge
March 28th, 2009, 1:55 AM
Hmmm....wondering what kind of activities in which one must be engaged in order to spill hot candle wax on the rug....hhhhmmmm.......

THEMEANOGRE
March 28th, 2009, 5:51 AM
My question, how many people even own an iron, much less know what a paper bag looks like? Is there any place that still uses paper? Instead of a paper bag, one could use just any heavy gauge paper. Even a corrugated paper box would work, as long as it is not waxed for water resistence.

kantwin
March 28th, 2009, 8:18 AM
We still use the iron I bought in Basic Training. Had to mark it with the first letter of my last name and my last 4. That was in 1984.
I think the Commissary has gone back to the option of "paper or plastic".

Deb
March 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
There is one state that charges you 5 cents a bag to get your groceries bagged in plastic bags. You can buy the canvas bags for I think $1.99 a piece. I just can't remember the state or city that's doing that.

CenTexDave
March 28th, 2009, 3:47 PM
Wish you could remember because I'd avoid it like the plague.

Scarlett
March 28th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hey....I OWN an iron! And I actually know how to use it. And the commissary gives paper bags if you ask for them! (Does anyone ask for them?)

CenTexDave
March 28th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Well that's great. So the next time you try to burn your house down you'll have the knowledge and means to get the candle wax up off the carpet.

FieryPrincess
March 29th, 2009, 1:50 PM
We have a nice iron AND I still send my kids to school with paper sacks*

It seems my young son was bored and we caught him whacking a neighbor with his lunchbox, so he no longer has one. period.

christine
March 29th, 2009, 3:36 PM
what did the neighbor kid do to deserve it?

FieryPrincess
March 29th, 2009, 5:41 PM
dunno...

also wondered why the teacher wasn't stopping it, but we don't condone the wanton whacking of others with softside lunchboxes :)

Scarlett
March 29th, 2009, 5:46 PM
Bet his lunch is a lot mushier now that he is wacking it over kids heads in a paper bag!

FieryPrincess
March 29th, 2009, 5:50 PM
rofl -

Except on those days when he hides it so he can get a tray instead.

Scarlett
March 29th, 2009, 5:53 PM
Ouch....bet he can take someone out with the tray....

FieryPrincess
March 29th, 2009, 5:54 PM
No - he prefers to run amok once in the cafeteria - or so I am told.

If they would give those kids recess FIRST, then lunch would be calmer, IMO

Scarlett
March 29th, 2009, 7:50 PM
Ohhh they could fall asleep into their tray...how FUN!
Having actually MET your son FP, I can only imagine what he is capable of! Heehee...

FieryPrincess
March 30th, 2009, 6:13 PM
Think unguided missile...

but at least he is polite while he does it.

finalbowser
April 30th, 2010, 7:05 AM
There is one state that charges you 5 cents a bag to get your groceries bagged in plastic bags. You can buy the canvas bags for I think $1.99 a piece. I just can't remember the state or city that's doing that.

Sounds like Aldi's.